Missing Files

dagr8tim

Reaction score
Last night I was looking for a quick and dirty way to make a ring tone, and went to myxertones. After cropping my MP3 down, I sent a txt to myself with the url to download the file (via the website). After that I decided to make changes and ended up sending the link 2 more times before being happy with the results.

At that point, I forwarded the txted download link to my computer so I could transfer the ringtone via USB to the /sdcard/ringtones folder. That worked great, but now I have 4 copies of that ringtone and want to get rid of 3 of them.

I downloaded the free version of astro and figured the files would be somewhere under /system/media/audio, but they were not. They are also not in the /sdcard/download folder. Does anyone know where I can look to delete these files?

I would perfer not to root my Droid to delete this files.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The best way to make custom ringtones is just dl ringdroid from the market. As for the missing file I'd download astro file manager and do a search for it. Good luck and :welcome: to the forum! :D

OP
D

dagr8tim

Reaction score
The best way to make custom ringtones is just dl ringdroid from the market. As for the missing file I'd download astro file manager and do a search for it. Good luck and :welcome: to the forum! :D

Thanks for the welcome. The first thing I did was install astro and manually look for it and then try to search. I know the files have to be somewhere in the device memory because they are not on the SD card.

If it helps, the txt last night was sent as a pix message. It's a common practice for phones that don't have an interface for adding custom ringtones. Perhaps they are whereever the default wallpapers are stored.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh oops lol I must have missed the part about you already tried astro :p Are you using the stock messaging app or something else? Maybe try a search for "ringtones"? Perhaps a folder will come up and they will be in there. It's got to be there lol

OP
D

dagr8tim

Reaction score
Found this on another site:
From manage applications screen, hit Menu>Filter>All. This will allow you to see the DRM Protected Content Storage. Clear it, myxer downloads are gone. Just had to deal with this myself today.

It worked for me. I'm glad it did because I had just done a mybackup and was getting ready to wipe my phone to get rid of them.