Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I know this was posted before, but can't find it. Has anyone downloaded an app, restart phone, and instead of the app being there you get a 'generic' blue icon? And app is gone from app drawer. Sometimes when you check market it says, "Installed" even tho you can't find it anywhere. I don't think that moving apps to the media area is actually putting anything on the SD card, as I just reformatted the SD card and apps were still showing up that I had moved to the media area. VZW says this is a known issue, but very frustrating having to reinstall apps everytime you turn on your phone. Am I missing something?

DamirD1984

Reaction score
I have apps already missing, which have been installed, but the phone has not restarted since then.

I am in the same boat as you, it is very aggravating having to do that.

I already had exchanged the bionic once, due to random reboots, and this phone, now has the missing apps issues.

I still have 10 more days to go, and lean towards returning this phone altogether for good. Motorola really disappointed me this time, my OG Droid never had such major issues.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have apps already missing, which have been installed, but the phone has not restarted since then.

I already had exchanged the bionic once, due to random reboots, and this phone, now has the missing apps issues.

I still have 10 more days to go, and lean towards returning this phone altogether for good. Motorola really disappointed me this time, my OG Droid never had such major issues.

I am on phone now with vzw after replacing phone last night. It is a known issue and motorola said a fix will be available shortly.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Just out of curiosity, what launcher are you using?

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude or anything but this is a well known problem and there probably at least 20 different threads about this. There is an easy temporary fix for this until we get a permanent one from Motorola. Press menu and go to manage apps. Click the media tab and any apps with a check mark next to them are installed on the SD card. Click on the app and move it to the phone and you won't lose another app for some reason some apps aren't playing nicely with the SD card system.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I don't mean to be rude or anything but this is a well known problem and there probably at least 20 different threads about this. There is an easy temporary fix for this until we get a permanent one from Motorola. Press menu and go to manage apps. Click the media tab and any apps with a check mark next to them are installed on the SD card. Click on the app and move it to the phone and you won't lose another app for some reason some apps aren't playing nicely with the SD card system.

Not being rude at all and appreciate it. I know there are threads on this. I was just seeing if anyone has found a solution as I haven't seen any mention of it recently and appreciate your tip. Going o try it now. Whats funny is, VZW said its a well known issue, now I just got of the phone with a moto tier 2 tech rep and she said I was the first person to report it. I said, don't you people collaborate and share information!?!

Thanks!

Shadez

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Did it, it works, thank you so much! Now just a matter of how many apps will be able to fit on phone before thats full...

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Yea its a annoying lil bug. I was constantly losing a couple apps a day but I haven't had any problems since I moved them all to the phone. Hopefully it works well for you too. Lol you would think a tech support rep would know what's going on. There are threads about this on Motorolas site too.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
No problem. It would be a chore I would think to fill up the phones memory with apps. I have 7 pages of apps in my drawer and still have 3.49gb of space left. I'm sure by the time we come close we will have a fix for the SD card issue. Hopefully.

Osssmon

Reaction score
I am on phone now with vzw after replacing phone last night. It is a known issue and motorola said a fix will be available shortly.
Verizon didn't admit it was a "known issue" but replaced my phone after an hour of retrying to do a factory reset... New phone has the same problem!

rcl10801

Reaction score
I've seen a list of known issues for the Bionic, also including the data dropping issue listed in the forums here. Missing apps was on it a slated to be fixed by a november update supposedly. I just checked my sd card through advanced task manager and found that my phone has uninstalled nearly thirty apps. Very frustrating. Advanced task manager allows you to move all your apps from sd to phone in one click though. Just moved em and hopefully they stay put until November. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

EvilGrin

Reaction score
I found that sometimes the apps just don't load, and other times they will. I just had that happen a few times today. The apps are still there but not loaded.another reboot MIGHT load them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums