Application Not Installed on your phone-Recently used Apps

Reaction score
Didn't find this exact issue in search, sorry if it's been covered.

I long press on home to view recently used apps. Sometimes I will get an error saying "Application is not installed on your phone." I've checked the application management area and made sure no apps are installed in the media area, no boxes checked. However I still get the error. And it is only sporadic. Sometimes it works and pulls up, other times I have to pull up my drawer and open from there.

Anyone else having this error, or have a solution.

If already discussed, a little help with the link would be greatly appreciated.

georgemovie

Reaction score
this happens to me sometimes on my bionic too. i think it has something to do with selecting an app 'from the recently used apps list' that wasn't started from the app gallery. like when an app started started by another app that's related e.g. clicking on a photo or mp3 and then that opens up the associated app for that file type.

annoying as hell, especially when you know the app is still installed on the phone and not actually deleted!

Didn't find this exact issue in search, sorry if it's been covered.

I long press on home to view recently used apps. Sometimes I will get an error saying "Application is not installed on your phone." I've checked the application management area and made sure no apps are installed in the media area, no boxes checked. However I still get the error. And it is only sporadic. Sometimes it works and pulls up, other times I have to pull up my drawer and open from there.

Anyone else having this error, or have a solution.

If already discussed, a little help with the link would be greatly appreciated.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
Yeah, mine hasn't been associated with "pin-action" app openings. I guess a specific app would be speedtest. I open it from the app drawer and run it. I'll browse for a little bit. Then long press home, and press speed test, and I get the error. I've verified speed test is NOT loaded in the media area. Very frustrating indeed.

krawczuk

Reaction score
Apps missing

My apps go missing all the time it seems. More often the ones I move to the media drive. I have to constantly reinstall them...

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
I never have to reinstall them. They always open. Just don't always open from the recently used apps list.