Application not installed on your phone

stephanierose

Reaction score
Hi there,

My phone will randomly choose applications that, upon clicking on them, I receive the error message: application is not installed on your phone.

So I have to go to the market and install the APP all over again, even though the icon is there and I was using the app just fine within the last day...

Known issue? Anyone else have this happen? Easy fix?

Phone is only 10 days old, and I'm wondering if it's defective so I can take it back quickly and get a replacement.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gsDroid

Reaction score
Easy fix. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Media area. For any app with a check mark in the box, touch it and choose 'Move to phone'. Then you won't lose them anymore. The reason is that by renaming the internal memory to 'sdcard' (a.k.a. media area) apps that have been designed to install on the external microsd card go to the internal memory sdcard where they can/will disappear. If moved to the phone, they will not disappear. After installing something, check that media area and move it to phone if it has a check mark. The check mark means it is installed in 'media'. Please learn to use search in the forum. This question/problem is addressed in about 25 threads.