Missed Calls vs Voicemail Count

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I really don't care what calls I've missed because I feel that if someone really wanted to get a hold of me, they would either text me or leave a voice mail.

I've mentioned a few times that I'm using the GO Launcher. I have GO Notifications installed. It's nice, that I have a number next to my Text Message icon and my Phone icon. What I REALLY want to know is, is do I need to take a few seconds out of my life to listen to my voice mail just to possibly hear "You have no messages" or can I have some sort of indicator telling me how many unheard voice mail messages I have? The number of how many Voice Mails I have and how many missed calls I have seem to be combined.

This is the only reason I miss my old Omnia phone, just this one stupid thing. It would tell me if I have any notifications on the task bar and tell me what they are, including telling me that I NEED to check my voice mail because there is at least 1 unheard message.

I recently have installed YouMail, and well, it's a little more convenient, I get E-mailed when I have a new voice mail, but still, I would rather look directly at my phone and have it tell me how many unheard messages I have.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am on ics.211, all stock and I get a notification of voicemail and a count in my notification area.....
I did on GB too.
I don't know anything about how launchers work though.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I am on ics.211, all stock and I get a notification of voicemail and a count in my notification area.....
I did on GB too.
I don't know anything about how launchers work though.
When you say notification area, do you mean when you swipe down from the top or is there a number on the VoiceMail icon indicating number of unheard voicemails and on the phone icon a number indicating missed calls? The latter is what I'm trying to achieve. If it's on stock .211 I don't see why it wouldn't be on JellyBean. I could always remove GO Launcher and try it. Are you able to get a screen shot as an example?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry, it is not on any icon, I never had an icon on the screen for voicemail. But I did put one there just to test it, then left 2 voice messages.
The icon does not show a count, but as soon as i have a voice mail, i get a small voicemail indicator in the notification area, and if i pull the notification curtain down it shows how many...
Hope that helps.

View attachment 59676
Edit: does the attached screen shot show up? It did when I attached it. I left and when when I came back I don't see it...this is the first time I've tried attaching a pic.

Last edited:
OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
The icon does not show a count, but as soon as i have a voice mail, i get a small voicemail indicator in the notification area, and if i pull the notification curtain down it shows how many...
Hope that helps.
No it didn't help but thanks for your efforts. I already knew about the notification area. I just prefer to see a number on the actual voicemail icon rather than trying to scroll through all of my notifications to get to my voicemail notification. That list can get long and I'd rather just look at my phone and see a voicemail count rather than swiping down and scrolling up and down on a possibly gigantic list of notifications. Does that make sense? I mean, while things like Facebook updates and updates from other places are important to me, I'd rather reserve them for when I actually have the time to go through them. Voicemails take a much higher priority with me.

Edit: does the attached screen shot show up? It did when I attached it. I left and when when I came back I don't see it...this is the first time I've tried attaching a pic.
Yes it did.