Separate notifications for e-mail and text? Possible?

sbhsquared

Reaction score
Hi - I want to be able to turn down the volume on e-mail notifications (using GMail) and up the volume on incoming texts (using Google Voice) - is there any way at all to do this? When I have my phone in the car, I do not want to hear a sound every time an e-mail (usually junk) comes in, but I would like to know about all the texts I've been missing! Am I missing something basic here? Can't figure out how to do this.

Also, I'm not getting the vibration on text arrival, though I do have vibrations checked in the settings. I read somewhere that this is a known issue - has it been resolved?

Thanks,
Beth

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
Hi - I want to be able to turn down the volume on e-mail notifications (using GMail) and up the volume on incoming texts (using Google Voice) - is there any way at all to do this? When I have my phone in the car, I do not want to hear a sound every time an e-mail (usually junk) comes in, but I would like to know about all the texts I've been missing! Am I missing something basic here? Can't figure out how to do this.

Also, I'm not getting the vibration on text arrival, though I do have vibrations checked in the settings. I read somewhere that this is a known issue - has it been resolved?

Thanks,
Beth

For Gmail, you can open Gmail app, click the menu button on the bottom left of your phone > Settings > (your account) > Ringtone & Vibrate, and select silent or some other more subtle alert. Personally, I like "Facebook Pop". I don't know of a way to customize the volume on gmail alert vs. text alert.

OP
S

sbhsquared

Reaction score
For Gmail, you can open Gmail app, click the menu button on the bottom left of your phone > Settings > (your account) > Ringtone & Vibrate, and select silent or some other more subtle alert. Personally, I like "Facebook Pop". I don't know of a way to customize the volume on gmail alert vs. text alert.

THANK YOU!!! :icon_ banana: I was trying to do it from "General Settings" in Gmail.... never thought to go to the account name!

Beth

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
You're welcome. Yeah, the Gmail settings can be confusing. I guess they set it up that way do you can use different notifications for each account... which I do.