Missed Call for the Motorola Droid

OpalCat

Reaction score
I've been using...or rather, trying to use, the Missed Call app for months. Everything is enabled as it should be (ringtone set, volume up, repeat sound every 2 minutes). I've missed I don't know HOW many calls because it just either:
You download "Missed Calls" and now you've missed calls. It's working perfectly! :icon_ banana:

tkeiger

Reaction score
I've done that as well....
Opened up Missed Call....
Under "General Settings" I have enabled
enable notifications, Led enabled, sound enabled, selected a file, repeating enabled, and selected an interval of 2 minutes. (primarily to test....)

it repeats at most 3 times......

Other thoughts?

Purgatory

Reaction score
I am wondering how often a minute the program is supposed to notify you. If it is just once a minute, then two minutes means it will only notify you twice. try and up the time and see if it notifies you more times then just once or twice. This would be a good question to ask the developer though as maybe he can add in at a later time to change not just the time, but also how often a minute it will notify you, or how many times you would like to be notified in a certain amount of time as well as for how long.

anewday

Reaction score
Why does it show a different icon for missed sms sometimes? Also, I have set repeat to 5 minutes but it reminded me 8 minutes later.

rick31

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick response. My hubby has the Droid and I didn't know why I couldn't get the app on mine. I guess when they told me the only real thing that is different is the full slide out keyboard wasn't true. Guess I need to learn the lingo a little bit better.

If you can still return it back and get the Motorola Droid, I would suggest for you to do that. If you are happy with the Droid Eris, then keep it.

I'm quite happy with my Eris. Most of the apps that my hubby has put on his phone, I have put on mine. This was the first one that I couldn't and didn't understand why.

I'm just more annoyed at the Verizon guy that told me the only real difference was the slide out keyboard when that's clearly not the case.

Thanks for your help everyone.
this app works just fine on my eris, PM me and i can give you instructions on how to get it to work.

lpedreros

Reaction score
Notification Font Color

So, I did a search and couldn't find the answer, maybe I just didn't see it, so here it goes:

Is there a way to change the font color of the notifications themselves? My Ultimate Droid Rom comes themed in black, and the font is black. Is there any way to change the font to white, or whatever color people may want?

Thank you for your attention.

rjax

Reaction score
Any chance you could add a widget that shows how many missed calls you have in a little bubble, like the Handcent widget does for texts, and the Gmail Unread Count widget does for mail? Ideally, tapping the widget would open the dialer (or other app) of my choice.

bodean

Reaction score
This app still being supported/developed? Noticed issues with 2.1 ROMS and also notice 2 versions on the market.

bubbles

Reaction score
I'm using it for missed calls but seriously need a similar application for missed voicemails. Please help

zxsix

Reaction score
Heirarchy

Setup SMS to use purple led color.

Scenario:
Email comes in. LED flashes green.
Then an SMS comes in.
LED continues to flash green.

I was hoping that the LED would change to purple since the SMS is more important than emails.

warrior21

Reaction score

Scenario:
Then an SMS comes in.

I was hoping that the LED would change to purple since the SMS is more important than emails.
Did you disable the led on whatever messaging app you are using?

zxsix

Reaction score

Scenario:
Then an SMS comes in.

yes, it's just the stock app for SMS and I followed the directions in the help section of Missed Call to disable the stock notification.

Just to reiterate, if all notifications are clear, and a new SMS arrives, I get the properly colored purple led, per the settings in the app. So far so good.
But, if an email arrives the led starts flashing green. If an sms comes in next, the led stays green and doesn't switch to purple.

warrior21

Reaction score

Scenario:
Then an SMS comes in.

yes, it's just the stock app for SMS and I followed the directions in the help section of Missed Call to disable the stock notification.

Just to reiterate, if all notifications are clear, and a new SMS arrives, I get the properly colored purple led, per the settings in the app. So far so good.
But, if an email arrives the led starts flashing green. If an sms comes in next, the led stays green and doesn't switch to purple.
Missed call was a little quirky for me also when I used it for MMS so that doesn't surprise me. The only thing I use if for now is actual missed calls. I changed my LED color with handcent and changed my gmail LED color with gmail notifier.

zxsix

Reaction score
It seems whoever gets to the led first, wins.
I just reversed the test.
sent an sms. led blinks purple.
sent an email. led should be green, but still flashing purple.

maybe color can only be changed if it's not already in a flashing state.