Missed Call for the Motorola Droid

anewday

Reaction score
What does the Incoming Call tab under Call Service do? I thought the Missed Call tab is for incoming calls.

Sp3aK

Reaction score
If you enable notifications it will blink the LED on an incoming call. That's it as far as I know.

I've been using Missed Call for months and once I got things setup right I don't even open it up anymore. It's one of those apps that once you get it set you kinda forget you have it.

Purgatory

Reaction score
I have used Missed Call since I got my Droid. I really like the app. It's great to hear there are updates and changes that you are working on. I would like to see the option for GMail.

actually, there is an app called gmail notifier that will change the LED color if you want it to as well as the vibrate function. Check it out.

dmo580

Reaction score
I wish there's an all in one app to deal with this stuff.

I got SMS Unread to give me a # count on top of my icons, so I can see if I have 1 or 2 or whatever missed calls/SMS/gmails.

I use Gmail Unread to customize LEDs for gmail.

Missed Call to customize other LEDs.

There's a vibrate program to customize vibrates... this all raelly needs to be integrated in 1 program. i don't like the idea of 20 different apps having to run to do this stuff ><

Purgatory

Reaction score
I completely agree. I would of figured as well that the person creating one would also try and create for all types of notifications

jbsangel

Reaction score

I got SMS Unread to give me a # count on top of my icons, so I can see if I have 1 or 2 or whatever missed calls/SMS/gmails.

There's a vibrate program to customize vibrates... this all raelly needs to be integrated in 1 program. i don't like the idea of 20 different apps having to run to do this stuff ><
What is the app to customize the vibrate?

BuckeyeHD

Reaction score

The only msg app I have installed is Handcent. I get a blue LED for unread txt msgs, I get a flashing blue/green (not sure which) led for unread GMail and a different ringtone for unread Corporate emails (but no LED). By default all notifications give a count on the icon in the notification bar (again except corporate but then I just go to inbox anyway). I may try Missed Call but I can't see why I would need anything else.

BuckeyeHD

Reaction score
I completely agree. I would of figured as well that the person creating one would also try and create for all types of notifications

It's only possible if a developer has access to the API's of the individual applications they are trying to interrupt. Some vendors don't make them available, unfortunately.

Purgatory

Reaction score
It's only possible if a developer has access to the API's of the individual applications they are trying to interrupt. Some vendors don't make them available, unfortunately.

while that is true, I would have figured that someone would try for the stock programs at the very least. It just makes sense to me to start there. If someone wants to create a good program, then they can create notification setup on their own program. Missed call and gmail notifier all plug into the default apps on the phone, and the api is out for anyone to modify.

OpalCat

Reaction score
I only get a blue LED for anything. Tried setting SMS to magenta in Handcent (turned off stock notifications)... nada. Tried installing Missed Call (yes, un-checked notifications in Handcent) and setting to purple... nada. Still blue. Missed calls are supposed to be red, but instead I get no LED at all. Pretty much it seems like the phone does a blue LED to show that I have any notification at all and there isn't anything I can do about it.

What am I missing? I'm only a Droid toddler (since January, haven't been hardcore at it or anything) so it's likely I've missed something stupid.

tkeiger

Reaction score
Disappointed....

I've been using...or rather, trying to use, the Missed Call app for months. Everything is enabled as it should be (ringtone set, volume up, repeat sound every 2 minutes). I've missed I don't know HOW many calls because it just either:
1. sends a notification sound 1-2 times
2. Sends no notification sound at all.

Am I wrong in thinking that it should notify me by sound more than twice?
Is there perhaps a better app that would more reliably give me a sound notification?

thanks!

Purgatory

Reaction score
I only get a blue LED for anything. Tried setting SMS to magenta in Handcent (turned off stock notifications)... nada. Tried installing Missed Call (yes, un-checked notifications in Handcent) and setting to purple... nada. Still blue. Missed calls are supposed to be red, but instead I get no LED at all. Pretty much it seems like the phone does a blue LED to show that I have any notification at all and there isn't anything I can do about it.

It sounds to me like you didn't go all the way into the program and set up each notification properly. Once you set up the service you want to notify you, you have to go in and change how you want it to notify you. This includes vibrate, led color, and audio notification. Blue is the default color for every new service in Missed Call. If you go back into the program, click on the service you created, and then go into general settings. Change you settings from here. Led color is right near the top. If you need anymore help, let me know.

Purgatory

Reaction score
I've been using...or rather, trying to use, the Missed Call app for months. Everything is enabled as it should be (ringtone set, volume up, repeat sound every 2 minutes). I've missed I don't know HOW many calls because it just either:
1. sends a notification sound 1-2 times
2. Sends no notification sound at all.

Am I wrong in thinking that it should notify me by sound more than twice?
Is there perhaps a better app that would more reliably give me a sound notification?

thanks!

I can't say I have had this problem, and lets just hope that the settings are just not set up the way you want them. I would say to follow my post right above this one, and go to the bottom of the general settings page and right there is the repeat section. I would say you need to up your repeat time in order to get what you are looking for. I don't have this set up as I hate repeats. If I miss it, it was because I was too busy to get it right away and I will come back to it. Let me know if the repeat section helps. Otherwise, I would encourage you to try and get a hold of the developer directly. And I do not know of another app that will help you with this issue either (can't say I have looked in the past two weeks).

OpalCat

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you didn't go all the way into the program and set up each notification properly. Once you set up the service you want to notify you, you have to go in and change how you want it to notify you. This includes vibrate, led color, and audio notification. Blue is the default color for every new service in Missed Call. If you go back into the program, click on the service you created, and then go into general settings. Change you settings from here. Led color is right near the top. If you need anymore help, let me know.
I've already done all of that.