Missed Call for the Motorola Droid

rick31

Reaction score
i had this installed and it would function properly on missed calls for a little while then it would stop working. i would go in to the settings page just to verify they were on and it would work for some time then stop again. i am not sure what is going on.

same here. i have a task killer, but MC is on the exempt list.

stacks04

Reaction score
i had this installed and it would function properly on missed calls for a little while then it would stop working. i would go in to the settings page just to verify they were on and it would work for some time then stop again. i am not sure what is going on.

same here. i have a task killer, but MC is on the exempt list.
i did this in task manager and now its great. that was my problem.

rick31

Reaction score
i know my task killer isnt messing with it because when i miss a call it vibrates how i set it in the app. but its the reminders that dont work, and thats why i wanted this app initially. i wonder what could be causing the reminders to not work anymore.

i emailed the creator and even twittered him and i still havent gotten a response. i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that i have an eris?

jaja714

Reaction score
This is working well for my Moto Droid but the LEDs are not customized. I have SMS set to Blue, MMS set to Pink, and Missed Call set to Orange but my LED is only blinking Green. Is there something else I need to disable to give MissedCall control of the LED?

Se7enLC

Reaction score
This is working well for my Moto Droid but the LEDs are not customized. I have SMS set to Blue, MMS set to Pink, and Missed Call set to Orange but my LED is only blinking Green. Is there something else I need to disable to give MissedCall control of the LED?

You need to disable the other LED notifications that would override. I believe gmail and text messages use a blinking green LED.

anewday

Reaction score
Great app, just downloaded from the market. It's the newest version for 2.0, right?

jaja714

Reaction score
You need to disable the other LED notifications that would override. I believe gmail and text messages use a blinking green LED.

I looked and looked but I don't see any sort of LED setting in text messages or in general settings. Googling "DROID DISABLE LED" only points me to this MissedCall plug-in. Disabling LED seems to be a mysterious topic.

Anyone know ... specifically ... how to get the custom LED colors working?

jaja714

Reaction score
Problem solved.

Problem solved. You can't disable other LED notifications but you can disable text message notifications in general from text messages settings and that does the trick.

rick31

Reaction score
ahh, im so pissed that this stopped working for me. i uninstalled it and tried missed reminder. it works, but it just drains battery.

Too bad the missed call developer doesnt get back to me. i wish there was a solution to my problem.

zimm

Reaction score
I have used Missed Call since I got my Droid. I really like the app. It's great to hear there are updates and changes that you are working on. I would like to see the option for GMail.

anewday

Reaction score
Problem solved. You can't disable other LED notifications but you can disable text message notifications in general from text messages settings and that does the trick.

You can disable LED notifications for call and sms.

joliett

Reaction score
Are there Missed Call sound alerts for missed calls

On my Motorola Droid, when I miss a call, MISSED CALL will only give me a visual alert.

I cant find any settings at all to set MISSED CALL to give me an audible alert.

Am I missing something? Please, please help me??? I need to HEAR that I missed a call with my phone's ringer!

rick31

Reaction score
On my Motorola Droid, when I miss a call, MISSED CALL will only give me a visual alert.

I cant find any settings at all to set MISSED CALL to give me an audible alert.

Am I missing something? Please, please help me??? I need to HEAR that I missed a call with my phone's ringer!
did you go into the app and set it up? i dont know how it is on the moto droid, nut on my Eris, i go in to the app, hit the menu key and select "add service" . then select "missed call" then go into its general settings. from there, just set it up how you want.

OP
M

missed_call

Reaction score
Thanks rick31 for helping him. This is the correct way to go. I know that I have to add some kind of visual tutorial in the future. I am working on that as well.

rick31

Reaction score
Thanks rick31 for helping him. This is the correct way to go. I know that I have to add some kind of visual tutorial in the future. I am working on that as well.
any idea if we'll have voicemail notifications sometime in the future? sometimes i drive in canyons where i get no reception and people call me and i will have no idea theyve left a voicemail.