smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I'm digging the Xl as well.. I'm thinking of picking one up...

S6E+ tapatalk

The Windows store will sell one that is unlocked - I haven't looked at it closely but I may get it too see if it will run on VZW...I have an active nano SIM :)...

Too many phones that look good right now ;)...LOL

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
article-1278781-09993EE3000005DC-30_468x375.jpg

Im not digging the Lumina phones at all. Wasn't Microsoft trying to integrate Google Play apps into their phones?

Then again

Microsoft Reveals the Lumia 950 & 950 XL Smartphones; Full Specs, Features, Pricing and Release Date | Microsoft Surface Forums

Im liking the specs

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
The Windows store will sell one that is unlocked - I haven't looked at it closely but I may get it too see if it will run on VZW...I have an active nano SIM :)...

Too many phones that look good right now ;)...LOL
Oh really? Interesting.. The only thing I'd like to check is the app store.. How's the selection and such.. Yeah way too many choices.. Lol

S6E+ tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
article-1278781-09993EE3000005DC-30_468x375.jpg

Im not digging the Lumina phones at all. Wasn't Microsoft trying to integrate Google Play apps into their phones?

I thought Google was wanting to release their apps in the Microsoft App Store for users to download and use on Window devices...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Oh really? Interesting.. The only thing I'd like to check is the app store.. How's the selection and such.. Yeah way too many choices.. Lol

S6E+ tapatalk

It does not compare (yet) to either Google or Apple but if they continue on the path of improving the user experience, I can see it growing. When Android was first released remember how few apps we had LOL and look at us now ;)...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I thought Google was wanting to release their apps in the Microsoft App Store for users to download and use on Window devices...

It may have been that. I think the Lumina phones could benefit greatly from a suite of android apps.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Google isn't wasting resources on a device with 8% market share...

Tap'n Turbo

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It may have been that. I think the Lumina phones could benefit greatly from a suite of android apps.

Being an Android fan, I agree that it would be nice to have actual Google built apps although when I used a windows phone a year or so ago, I found app workarounds for everything I wanted access to which included my Google Play Music but having said apps would be so much nicer. When that happens, a Windows Phone will be in my daily driver rotation...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
It was rumored that they would allow Google Apps to be supported on Windows 10 devices but it's still in the works from what I understand. It was also rumored to be part of the reason why they squashed their long running patent courtroom beef a few weeks ago. Windows is also finalizing a universal "app translator" (I don't know what to really call it) that will allow devs to port apps to Windows 10 easily. It's not like they aren't working on stuff together.

From the joint announcement from Google and MS:

"Microsoft and Google are pleased to announce an agreement on patent issues. As part of the agreement, the companies will dismiss all pending patent infringement litigation between them, including cases related to Motorola Mobility...Separately, Google and Microsoft have agreed to collaborate on certain patent matters and anticipate working together in other areas in the future to benefit our customers."

It may be coming, but that's all speculation for now.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It does not compare (yet) to either Google or Apple but if they continue on the path of improving the user experience, I can see it growing. When Android was first released remember how few apps we had LOL and look at us now ;)...

Haha.. True... We have come a long way.. I'd love to see MS prosper..

Being an Android fan, I agree that it would be nice to have actual Google built apps although when I used a windows phone a year or so ago, I found app workarounds for everything I wanted access to which included my Google Play Music but having said apps would be so much nicer. When that happens, a Windows Phone will be in my daily driver rotation...

You are the Queen of app work arounds.. Hehe
Thats why I follow you always...

S6E+ tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I wish Android/Samsung could jump on board with the nice clean lock screen notification look like Apple has had and like these new Nokia have

Note 4tified

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
How many apps would it take for y'all to move over to a Windows phone? I don't think it would be painful at all unless you are trying to be the first one to play a brand new game or something of that sort.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Apps aren't keeping me from Win Phone. The interface and lack of customization. Oh, and the bad taste in my mouth from Windows Mobile.
"We will no longer support WinMobile 6. Get a new phone"

It's not about Apps. I love my Windows tablet. Who needs a Facebook app or a YouTube app when you can fire up your browser and just go to the site. Because it's a computer. Haven't touched my Android tablet since I got it.
But phones? Nah. I can't stand that tile only UI.

Tap'n Turbo

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
How many apps would it take for y'all to move over to a Windows phone? I don't think it would be painful at all unless you are trying to be the first one to play a brand new game or something of that sort.
Oh just a few 200 or so...

S6E+ tapatalk