Mic not working...read on before you ignore this!

EntropikOne

Reaction score
Allow me to explain my situation, as I havn't read anything like it.

ID LIKE TO FIRST SAY THAT THIS ISSUE IS NOT A "MIC NOT WORKING IN SPEAKERPHONE" OR "NOT WORKING AFTER UNLPUG HEADPHONE JACK" TYPE ISSUE

ALL OF THE SPEAKERS WORK JUST AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO!

now that that's out of the way....today at work i thought i would go ahead and try the CyanogenMod ROM (coming from DroidMod 1.0) so i installed clockwork mod and then the cyanogen and all went very well, that is, until I went to make a phone call. I was able to make the call, and could hear the other person, but the other person couldn't hear me. After returning home, i thought i would try and go back to the DroidMod with SPRecovery and restore my backup i made from earlier so the system was just how it was earlier when i was able to speak with people over the phone. This was done successfully, however, to no avail. My final choice was to flash back to STOCK ROM with STOCK RECOVERY and basically out of the box settings. This also did not work. In all of the situations stated above, the only way i could get others to hear me over the phone is if i put it in speakerphone. when on speakerphone, the mic works perfectly fine. Once i take it off speakerphone they can no longer hear me.

Does anyone have any insight on this issue? i'd rather resolve it myself if i could.

would this be damage due to flashing roms?( i know unlikely but more unlikely things have happened.)

i think since i went back to stock everything i could take it back to verizon for a replacement if there was no damage from the roms....correct? there's no way they could tell i flashed it before correct?

Last edited:

CDGriffth16

Reaction score
mic not working

I would really appreciate a response to this because I have been having the same problem. My mic occasionally works during a phone call normally, but most of the time I have to switch to speakerphone for the person to hear me. It doesn't seem connected to whether I'm calling or being called, it just sometimes feels like working. Anyone have any ideas?

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Have either of you guys tried testing the mic with other apps? Like seeing if you pic up audio when shooting a video or using one of the voice recorder apps? Could help narrow down the issue.

Wish I could offer some actual help, but what you learn may lead to an answer.

Mitch

Champers

Reaction score
Does not compute. Try some grammar or structure and I might read.

kykyth

Reaction score
Any solutions to this yet?

I started having the same exact issue myself after using cyanogen mod. I have noticed that it has been some time before any replies have been posted in this thread and I was wondering what you guys ended up doing to get around this?

Yodahat

Reaction score
Anybody find a solution to this?

This happened to me a few months ago. However, it started while my phone was still stock. I have since rooted my phone with cyanogen, but the mic still wont work (for calls, TiKL app, or voice input for search or typing). I didn't realize that it works with speaker phone till i read this thread. Ive been getting around it with my bluetooth headset, but it's really annoying not being able to make a call when i need to. I've made it about 2 months, but i don't think i can make it another 6 till i get a new phone.