Only speakerphone mic working

IcyDroid

Reaction score
Hey all, is there any fix yet to the mic only wanting to work on speakerphone?

I haven't installed anything new or updated anything over night and today when I went to make a call they person on the other line could only hear me on speakerphone. If it wasn't on speakerphone it was like the phone was muted.

I was listening to the Last.Fm app about an hour earlier and shut that down no problem. I made calls last night on the phone and people could hear me. I have reboot the phone about 5 times, taken the battery out for more than 30 seconds, but haven't done a hard reset because I want to use that as last resort because I think it won't work.

:motdroidhoriz:

**EDIT**
I did a reset on the phone and still no mic on regular talk mode, speakerphone is still fine.

Last edited:
OP
IcyDroid

IcyDroid

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but the solution it seems to this problem is just going to your local Verizon store (the full-fledged ones) and get a replacement phone.

I got a new Droid today and it has fixed the problem, so hopefully this doesn't happen again because its a damn drive out of BFE to get to the store for the phone.

OP
IcyDroid

IcyDroid

Reaction score
This happned to mine once and I just did a reboot and everything was fine...glad you solved it though.

I wish mine would have been fixed with a reboot. I did a factory restore, wiped my SD card pretty much clean, rebooted it about 10 times and still wasn't fixed. Ah well, a new phone at no cost isn't a bad deal. :)

kanyon40

Reaction score
I have the problem of no mic working, but bought mine brand new from ebay not from verizon, so don't think they are going to replace it for me. :mad: