Microphone not working but speaker phone does?

ThathighPanda

Reaction score
Hello friends. I have an issue. I dropped my phone the other day and now when I try to make a call or do anything that requires the mic because you can't hear me. I called my phone from a landline and its absoulutely not working. Here's the kicker none of my apps work either that need a mic like Google search. But! When I put phone on speaker phone you can hear me and I can talk back.
Just hoping this is an easy fix.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

greatusaman

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. No answer anywhere. Called Verizon today and they just said sorry we will overnight a replacement. It should come tomorrow. I guess this is the only choice...

6bolt2g

Reaction score
Had a similar issue when I first got my droid back in Jan 2010. But it was related with the removal and plugging in of headphones or car audio adapter. It was fixed by updates and rooting the phone. But it sounds to me like something may have worked its way loose in that area. Do headphones work fine?

OP
T

ThathighPanda

Reaction score
i think im just gonna buy a bluetooth piece and use that from now on.

tranz

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me, and Verizon tech support replaced the phone as a warranty claim, overnight shipping and all! I was able to xfer all my stuff no prob.

Pretty crazy, but this is sounding like a really bizarre OS / firmware kinda thing, now that we're finding other people that had it happen.

Droid187

Reaction score
had this issue 3 times on 3 different droids. VW replaced all of em no problem but seems like after I started rooting Ive never had that issue again.

tranz

Reaction score
had this issue 3 times on 3 different droids. VW replaced all of em no problem but seems like after I started rooting Ive never had that issue again.

Yeah, I was thinking something like the accelerometer value going to an out-of-range value and the firmware disabling the mic and not re-enabling it for most functions. If rooting has stopped its occurance I'd say that's gotta be close. The thing is, I'm no H/W or S/W engineer, and I really don't wanna even root my phone (yet)!