Method to disable 4g

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Auto-rotate

Somehow I have changed a setting and my screen will no longer automatically rotate in text screens or Internet. I found the setting in display and changed it a few times (check and unchecked) and no luck.

I also rebooted twice.

Any ideas?

lantzalot

Reaction score
4g toggle

How do you know if you have toggled off 4G on the Thunderbolt? Will it no longer show "4G LTE" next to the signal bars? If that's accurate and that indicates coming off the 4G network then I think I have found a built in widget that lets you do it. I don't necessarily consider myself tech-savvy because I think I more or less stumbled on it while experimenting with the features of the phone. Let me know if I'm not on the right track here or if I'm wasting anyone's time. I will post how to do it if anyone thinks that if the "4G" indicator is off that your are, in fact off the 4G network. Thanks.

bhall238

Reaction score
How do you know if you have toggled off 4G on the Thunderbolt? Will it no longer show "4G LTE" next to the signal bars? If that's accurate and that indicates coming off the 4G network then I think I have found a built in widget that lets you do it. I don't necessarily consider myself tech-savvy because I think I more or less stumbled on it while experimenting with the features of the phone. Let me know if I'm not on the right track here or if I'm wasting anyone's time. I will post how to do it if anyone thinks that if the "4G" indicator is off that your are, in fact off the 4G network. Thanks.

I live just outside of New Orleans and this is 4G territory and says it all the time. Today I had to drive to a nearby city which is not and my notification panel said 3G (for what that's worth).

lantzalot

Reaction score
Right, which is what mine does in 3G territory too but when I use this toggle there is nothing but bars...no 4G, no 3G. Maybe it's 2G?

Somehow I have changed a setting and my screen will no longer automatically rotate in text screens or Internet. I found the setting in display and changed it a few times (check and unchecked) and no luck.

I also rebooted twice.

Any ideas?

I live just outside of New Orleans and this is 4G territory and says it all the time. Today I had to drive to a nearby city which is not and my notification panel said 3G (for what that's worth).

lantzalot

Reaction score

I also rebooted twice.

Any ideas?

Home-->Menu-->Personalize-->Settings-->Auto-rotate. That worked for me.

lantzalot

Reaction score

Right, which is what mine does in 3G territory too but when I use this toggle there is nothing but bars...no 4G, no 3G. Maybe it's 2G?

lantzalot

Reaction score
I may have found 4G toggle?

lantzalot

Reaction score

I also rebooted twice.

Any ideas?

Sorry, missed a step...
here you go...

Home-->Menu-->Personalize-->Widget-->Settings-->Auto-rotate. That worked for me.

Let me know if that works for you. This is also how I may have found how to toggle 4G. Go to "Mobile Network" from the same screen in which you find "Auto-rotate".

harrierrx300

Reaction score
So I downloaded Network Mangelow and I was able to turn off 4G. We'll see how it saves the battery on just 3G alone. Quick question: What does the following mean?

CDMA auto (PRL) set on
CDMA only
EvDo only
CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto
LTE mode

mkjellgren

Reaction score
So I downloaded Network Mangelow and I was able to turn off 4G. We'll see how it saves the battery on just 3G alone. Quick question: What does the following mean?

CDMA auto (PRL) set on
CDMA only
EvDo only
CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto
LTE mode

CDMA +LTE/EvDo is the default setting which includes the 4g radio, CDMA auto (PRL) is what you want if you want to disable 4g but leave 3g and 1x on.

Lantzalot, the mobile data toggle you found disables all mobile data (4g, 3g, and 1x), not just 4g.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Reaction score
An App called "phone Info" does turn off 4G.

I have been using it and I am happy with the results so far.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
An App called "phone Info" does turn off 4G.

I have been using it and I am happy with the results so far.

Yup, that's what I've been using as well. Network Mangelow does the same thing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

merpaderp

Reaction score
Here's a trick for easy access to the 4G toggle screen w/o the use of another app:

AFTER you dial *#*#4636#*#*, you can access it another way if you don't wanna have to keep dialing to change the settings.

Just drag down and expand the notification bar up top and it'll show you all of the applications you've recently entered... along with all of your notifications.

The application is called "Testing" and the icon will resemble the Settings Icon. Tapping this icon will bring you to the same screen as dialing that number.