Messaging issues

inlarry

Reaction score
Not sure where to appropriately put this.

I notice that occasionally, sometimes often, i'll experience what for lack of a better term I call messaging blackouts. My texts/emails show sent from my phone, but the person never receives them, and i'll receive no messages anyone sends me. If I test by sending an email via text to myself, it works.

After a reboot, or cycle in and out of airplane mode, i'll get dumped with dozens of texts, emails, etc. There's no rhyme or reason as to locations, times, or anything else that'd make sense as to why this happens. I can be showing a full signal, but nothing works.

Is this a common issue? Is it a phone issue, a network issue, a mix?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

droidphone23

Reaction score
Well I know that the Samsung Fasinate has this exact problem after a year of use, but I think that this is pretty common among phones. I suggest taking it to your local verizon store and ask them for a system reboot, as this may delete all your downloaded apps it may help get rid of the problem but I make no promises as I have seen a Fasinate get reebooted and still not work. I hope that this helped some I'm sure what to do other than that.

OP
I

inlarry

Reaction score
Well, that'd make some sense, but I've only had my phone 3 months?

droidphone23

Reaction score
Ok, well then all I know to do is to go to your local verizon store sorry I'm not much help

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
I

inlarry

Reaction score
Oh its not that I was just curious if this was a common issue others had outside my local area. I know my ally did it, but before moving to android never had similar issues. Verizons response to every issue seems to be lets do a software update, which has never solved any problem on any phone I've ever taken to them. Eventually I get the messages, but when I'm expecting an important txt/email, or sending one, its annoying to think its been sent and find out its been stuck in limbo for god knows how long.

Also, this is a separate issue, but I was driving in an area with a bad signal and my phone kept asking whether to allow data access for this trip, as though I were out of country?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How long are you going between reboots? I recommend power cycling at least once per day.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

droidphone23

Reaction score
Oh, ok, ya this is pretty common and idk about that out of the country thing that's just a little weird.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
I

inlarry

Reaction score
I thought so too, it popped up every few minutes asking whether to allow or deny data access and a warning international data rates may apply. Since I was in southern illinois, I found it strange.