Cannot send MMS messages on DROID 2

dangxstef

Reaction score
I just recently bought a droid 2, and i've noticed it's never let me send picture messages, it lets me send audio but no pictures.

I was using hancent for a while and it worked find sending pics, but i don't want hancent on my phone anymore, i got tired of it popping up on my phone saying i have new messages etc.

I've looked online for the past hour to see any related posts that have the same issue as I and found nothing.

I go to the text message and I click menu, attach, picture, gallery pic photo then hit send and nothing pops up it doesn't even show it trying to send.

I've tried it different ways too, i also heard to try turning the airplane mode on, leave on for a few mintues and then shut it off, that did nothing for me.

Is this a glitch with my phone or there anyone else out there that has had this same issue ?? Please help, thank you!

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
It sounds like your doing all the right steps and yes it might just be a glitch. I try and restart my D2 just about everyday to keep glitches like those from happening. Try that. Also, do you still have Handcent on the phone? Maybe there is a bit of confusion between the two messaging apps?

Sent from Droid2

OP
D

dangxstef

Reaction score
I restart it everyday I was told to take the battery out once a day when i got the phone.

I didn't have handcent on my phone when i first got it like 2 weeks ago and it still never let me send MMS messages, i just downloaded it like a week ago and it lets me send mms I uninstalled it to see if it would help but got nothing.

I might just take the phone in?? Lol I think it might be my best best, i think its a glitch with the phone since I first got it, I just figured maybe there was a setting that wasn't enabled of some sort and it was a normal problem :[

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Yep, if its been like that from the get go then a replacement should be given to you. Be prepared to visit VZW for at least an hour or two though. When I went in they tried every possible way to get mine to work properly, once they exhausted all their methods then they will give you another.

Good luck!,

Sent from Droid2