not able to text message send or receive

Jizzle_TB_L0ud420

Reaction score
I've been haviing a real issue with the text lately...my phone is stock not rooted...my stock text seems to freeze quite often but lately people have been sending me messages and I do not receive them..I can make calls and surf the internet and facebook twitter fine...but when I send a message it never goes through and I haven't received any txt messages in the past few days now noticing this new problem..it is like it is in a airplane mode or something is disabled...

My signal looks fine ...when I send a txt msg it immediatley goes away I get the X with no bars ...no service..and the message doesn't go through...

joeshell20

Reaction score
I too have had this issue. I flashed the rooted gingerbread leak, and so far it doesn't happen as often. I still every now and then loose signal, but it comes back sooner than froyo. Also helps to *228 option 2 every week or so, to keep the most updated prl on your system.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
Rebooting your Phone maybe work but in my case I had to do a factory reset. Before you do so remember to backup your data and any application that you bought in market, you'll get it back when you hit update on the market. This is just my suggestion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rebooting your Phone maybe work but in my case I had to do a factory reset. Before you do so remember to backup your data and any application that you bought in market, you'll get it back when you hit update on the market. This is just my suggestion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you are doing a factory data reset, how do you back up data? Your paid apps are returned to you and even your free ones come back automatically.

If you are rooted you can freeze your apps with titanium so you don't lose your points, stuff, whatever in your games. But that 's about it.

The idea of a factory data reset is to put your phone back to where it was like when you first got it, not do that and restore the same junk.

wardo

Reaction score
Yup it's happen to me a few times this past weekend. restart fixed it.

when i try to call *228, the call just drops. weird.

OP
J

Jizzle_TB_L0ud420

Reaction score
still no resolution....
have restarted many times, done many battery pulls...it is def a network issue ...Whenever I read a text or attempt to send one it will not go through when I hit send, it has the loading animation and never stops, or may forclose but lately it has frozen a lot in the stock txt app...

I go to 'no service' everytime I attempt to send and receive txt's...the calls work fine still

I went to verizon not happy with their answer at all really...I'm still being charged my norm bill and fee for unlim txt and havn't been able to use it at all this week....people send me messages and I find out when I see them in person....

The verizon rep said the towers are updating to 4G so they are having a lot of network issues...he sugg dialing *228 to make sure phone is up to date...that will not work for me at all...the call immed drops...

He also said try going in and out of airplane mode...why I should have to do all of that in a attempt for txt messages to arrive is a bit too much....

Anyway to me they brushed it off as it was just a technical issue and not a big deal...but I cant send messages at all, when I try the X comes up for my signal strength and stays for a short a mount of time where I cannot make calls or send anything out...

I really wish there was a simple fix but he said if it doesn't correct itself come back and see about a new phone...I've already sent a DOA back so not sure what they will do at this point but I am not going to drop it....I didn't know others were having the issue as well they said they had a lot of people come in about it...

He also said try contacting tech support to see if they can do some OTA tests and updates..

..................................ugh ;(