Text sending and group message issues

Valvoline

Reaction score
I'm on Verizon, using the stock messaging app on my LG3.
I keep having the issue of text messages taking forever to send.
I have good signal, excellent data connection, and have no problem receiving Text messages. Messages will just sit there 'sending'. Sometimes the recipient does receive the text, it'll still say 'sending' on my phone.

Secondarily, when texting in a group message, i tend to get messages in bunches. While others get messages as they are sent, I'll receive none and then all of them at once.

I've played with the settings somewhat, but I haven't found a resolve.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I don't have a G3, but when I was having some issues with texting on my Moto X I made Google Hangouts the default for SMS. That solved my issues.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try power off your phone, remove your SIM card, power it on without it installed, leave on for about a minute, power off, insert SIM card, power back on, see if problem is solved.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
Valvoline

Valvoline

Reaction score
Did that, no go. Ugh. Hate to do factory reset.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did that, no go. Ugh. Hate to do factory reset.
Try calling Verizon cs and have them look at your account to make sure all the boxes are checked in their system. Mine was national access was turned off for some reason one time.
They never did figure out why mms stopped working back in 2012 and stayed broken until I left this year, even going through 2 different model phones in that time. I just started emailing photos and told those sending me photos to email them.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk