Stock Messaging App Failing

Maddy30

Reaction score
Hi All,
My brother has a Galaxy S6 on Verizon and he is sending messages to 20 people at once, but now the entire text is not being received by everyone. Some receive the entire message but some receive only a cut off version. How could he get the entire text message to go through to all recipients and a plus would be if he could send only one text message to everyone in his group text. Thanks in advance! :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Years ago with Verizon the max amount in a group was 10. I don't remember why but I'd suggest try 2 identical texts to 10 members and see if that works better. When I was on Verizon I often had problems with group texting, no matter whether 2 recipients or more. Some would get it, some wouldn't but I never had the some got a partial message unless it was an mms message.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You might double check to see which recipients aren't getting the msg, and/or are receiving a botched or cut off message.... oftentimes iPhone users and group messages when coming from Android to Apple devices (or visa versa) can be a bit wonky.

S5 tap'n

OP
Maddy30

Maddy30

Reaction score
You might double check to see which recipients aren't getting the msg, and/or are receiving a botched or cut off message.... oftentimes iPhone users and group messages when coming from Android to Apple devices (or visa versa) can be a bit wonky.

S5 tap'n
Thanks for your reply, but before my brother was using an S3 and was having no issues, but does with the S6. Wouldn´t it have happened with the S3 as well? Could the Android version have something to do with it?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Both the OS version and Messaging App version could have something to do with it..

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, but before my brother was using an S3 and was having no issues, but does with the S6. Wouldn´t it have happened with the S3 as well? Could the Android version have something to do with it?
Try this. Power the phone off. Remove the SIM card. Power the phone back on without the SIM card in it and leave it on for about a minute. Power it back off, put the card back and power it back up to eliminate it possibly being a network issue with them switching from the S3 to S6. It's the 4G version of the old *228 thing they'd always suggest when calling 611, fwiw.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I never had the some got a partial message unless it was an mms message.
All group messages I've been involved in in at least the last couple/few years have automatically been MMS. I know that doesn't help the OP much, but just thought I'd toss it out there.