Merry Christmas Everyone! SSX 1.1 is Under the Tree ;)

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Don't give up on your ROM, Liberty is great, but it has bugs, so there will always be a need for alternatives.

I ran into quite the show stopper with Liberty, so now I'm giving Darkslide a shot. I'd run SSX but I'm not sold on all the blue.

-Mike
How are you running Darkslide, Liberty, Or SSX on an HTC???????
hummmmm:blackdroid:

My profile is out of date, I returned the Incredible and pickup up an X.

-Mike

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
First off - Merry Christmas!

Secondly - there are no screenshots yet, nor an unthemed version. It is Xmas so I won't be on long. That stuff will follow. This is based off 2.3.340 (/system). Hence the larger download size. Testing thus far has indicated that you MUST upgrade to 2.3.320 at a minimum. Plus all market apps refreshed.

Thirdly - I have only had two testers, no issues yet. One thing is clear though, again, you must upgrade to minimum 2.3.320 via OTA or SBF.

Not much else is new since I've been so busy. However, wanted to get a fresh update out :)

http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/dx2.1/SimplyStunningX-v1.1-update.zip

I know this thread is old but where's the install instructions for this? I just want to try it out..

DROIDOLOGY, Science of A TRU Smartphone w/Tappa!

cjriddle22

Reaction score
First off - Merry Christmas!

Secondly - there are no screenshots yet, nor an unthemed version. It is Xmas so I won't be on long. That stuff will follow. This is based off 2.3.340 (/system). Hence the larger download size. Testing thus far has indicated that you MUST upgrade to 2.3.320 at a minimum. Plus all market apps refreshed.

Thirdly - I have only had two testers, no issues yet. One thing is clear though, again, you must upgrade to minimum 2.3.320 via OTA or SBF.

Not much else is new since I've been so busy. However, wanted to get a fresh update out :)

http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/dx2.1/SimplyStunningX-v1.1-update.zip

I know this thread is old but where's the install instructions for this? I just want to try it out..

DROIDOLOGY, Science of A TRU Smartphone w/Tappa!

This is from the original SSX 1.0, but the install instructions are the same.

"Installing:

This presumes you are already running 2.2 on your X, and have Clockwork Recovery installed.

This is an update.zip style file - so reboot to CW, select the zip and install!"

Basically just reboot into CW and install zip from SD. I have wiped and not wiped while installing chevy. It installs well over stock, b/c it is a blurry ROM.

Let us know if you have anymore questions.

silvai77

Reaction score
Where can I download this rom?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

r1nstang

Reaction score
Just got a new Droid X came with 2.3.340 on it. Not too many ROMS out there for the DX unfortunately but I've always had great luck with Chevy roms on my D1. So giving it a run. Runs great but every now and then I get random reboots. Had 3 so far this morning. first one was when plugging into USB and going to USB mass drive. rebooted.
2ND time was when the "loading data please wait" got stuck in the notifications menu. (later found out weatherbug was causing that) but when I hit Task Panel widget Kill All the phone rebooted.
and there was another time too but I honestly cant remember what I was doing at the time.
Great work Chevy!

silvai77

Reaction score
Thank you very much it looks really cool

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Just installed for the first time coming from darkslide rom runs very nice everything is smooth but I kinda like green better than the blue im gonna stick with it for awhile see how it goes but liking it so far

ecfiffer

Reaction score
Shunning. Nice to be back chevy. I'm really sorry to hear about your situation though. Yeah I finally got my wifes dx only after she 'down graded' to an iPhone.

hdokes

Reaction score
Is this thread now dead?

If so is there another thread supporting SSX and if not.... a question directly to Chevy. ... will ssx continue to be developed beyond 1.1? I have continued to use it since getting it installed on my X and have really enjoyed it however it does have integrity short comings... I can not load some programs like wyse pocket cloud, a purchased app I have used without fail before this rom install, without it crashing every time on the install and a reboot occurs. The unit is also subject to periodic reboots on average 3 times a day. Would love to know that this package will continue to be improved and supported and have indicated before that I would happily contribute to the cause if it will be.

..... later that evening.... ok.... did enough looking around to see that Chevy does look to be continuing to develop for this platform.... very happy to see that... as such... I would like to offer my assistance in trouble shooting, testing... etc... and... will contribute to the beer fund.... and then some.

Last edited:

swobo

Reaction score
hdokes...just wondering if you are using Titanium Backup? What has helped me in the past is deleting the app I am having trouble with from TB....rebooting my phone....then reinstall app in market. Works every time....hope this helps

Joneser2006

Reaction score
I went to Liberty 1.5 because of the speed...but it's like a Jag that you drive for 2 days and have to put into the shop for 3.

I think I'm coming back now. I've missed this Like a Rock developer's tools.

BoJatey

Reaction score
I am new at this but want to try my first ROM install. So what I got so far is that I need bootstrap recovery for DX installed, boot into recovery, and install over stock. Am I missing anything and do I save stock in case I need to go back or maybe read more before I attempt this? Rooted with Z4 and at. 340.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I am new at this but want to try my first ROM install. So what I got so far is that I need bootstrap recovery for DX installed, boot into recovery, and install over stock. Am I missing anything and do I save stock in case I need to go back or maybe read more before I attempt this? Rooted with Z4 and at. 340.

Go into bootstrap and make a backup of stock first. Then reboot back into bootstrap and install ssx 1.1 over stock. Then you should be good to go. This way if you hate it or something gets screwed up, you can just restore your stock and be back to where you started. You can also clear data and cache if you want a completely fresh install, but I think SSX will install over stock without a wipe since it is blurry.