memory problem?? need help

04SVT-L

Reaction score
hey guys im new here and deciced to come on bc recently ive been having this stupid problem with my fone saying phone storage low and text memory ful when there is no texts. im not one of those app junkies, i barely have anything on my fone. but i cant even send a pic message bc it just keeps coming up phone storage low as soon as i try to and then comes the text full notifacation. its a pain in the ass and i cant do anything. is this a common problem or what? i cant download anything without this happening and then nothing works . any help would be appreciated. thanks

OP

04SVT-L

Reaction score
o yea, and before any of you guys ask, yes i do have a memory card in my fone. and i tried moving as many apps as i can to the memory card to keep it off the phone memory

Jeyman

Reaction score
Still have not found out why some dialer storage is getting so high for users?

Odds are your MMS are taking up a lot of space. If you get rid of them and it still is over like 100MP try a factory restart. back up MMS that you might have first(among other things stored in memory)

OP

04SVT-L

Reaction score
Still have not found out why some dialer storage is getting so high for users?

Odds are your MMS are taking up a lot of space. If you get rid of them and it still is over like 100MP try a factory restart. back up MMS that you might have first(among other things stored in memory)
how do i do a factory restart? and i always clear all my texts. i never keep alot in there. and once again that isnt gona clear everyting in my fone will it?

BigZig

Reaction score
Yes doing a factory reset will clear everything off your phone but your contacts, email, apps should all be backed up through google(well you would have to re download the apps but the market should know which ones you had and begin downloading them as soon as you open the market). But to do a factory reset just go to setting>privacy>factory data reset.

OP

04SVT-L

Reaction score
Yes doing a factory reset will clear everything off your phone but your contacts, email, apps should all be backed up through google(well you would have to re download the apps but the market should know which ones you had and begin downloading them as soon as you open the market). But to do a factory reset just go to setting>privacy>factory data reset.
well that kinda sucks. i really dont want to have to lose all that **** and re set everything

BigZig

Reaction score
Yes It does suck to lose all your data but sometimes it worth it your phone will run a lot smoother after you reset as well as solving your memory issue.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Clearing your dialer storage will rid you of all your texts and call log, but not your contacts -- those are backed up with Google unless you turned that feature off. Might want to double-check that.

deadernie

Reaction score
I went online through my pc and cleared out all unneeded e-mail, emptied the deleted mail and spam folders and when the email refreshed on my phone it freed up 40+mb of phone memory.

mystapaapi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid razr maxx XT912
U r lucky man..mine is supposed to be 16gig internal, but keeps displaying 8gig..and its a new phone..don't know how da remaining 8gig is lost

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum mystapaapi! This has always been the way Android phones have been marketed. The operating system , stock apps & carrier/manufacter bloat takes up a significant percentage of that 16gb. This is why External SD Cards and rooting have always been such hot topics. Those who don't want to spend the money on 32GB version phones, will often take into consideration if that device can accept external storage and/or the easibility of root in order to remove carrier & manufacturer bloat to free up space.
Something to consider when choosing your next device.

edit: sorry FoxKat....just noticed you posted this in another thread.

tap'n on my S5

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Welcome to the forum mystapaapi! This has always been the way Android phones have been marketed. The operating system , stock apps & carrier/manufacter bloat takes up a significant percentage of that 16gb. This is why External SD Cards and rooting have always been such hot topics. Those who don't want to spend the money on 32GB version phones, will often take into consideration if that device can accept external storage and/or the easibility of root in order to remove carrier & manufacturer bloat to free up space.
Something to consider when choosing your next device.

edit: sorry FoxKat....just noticed you posted this in another thread.

tap'n on my S5

Lol...no problem, but for those who are here and not there... memory problem Android Forums at DroidForums.net

I had considered merging these two threads but theyre' really not the same issue...just crossing issues.

Reactions: cr6