Meizu's Super mCharge Can Fully Charge Your Battery In 20 Minutes!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Super-mCharge-Meizu.jpg

Meizu is a well known cell phone maker in the east whose popularity has waned a bit thanks to the uprise of other brands like Xiaomi and Huawei. However Meizu is about to make a pretty big splash thanks to a new technology they have developed that allows you to charge a 3000mah battery in about 20 minutes. Normally you can get the first half of a charge pretty fast with solutions like Qualcomm's Quick Charge 3.0, but everyone knows that after the first half of the charge the back half is much slower.

Meizu's Super mCharge applies two conversion circuits to directly output half of the voltage which increases charging efficiency by 9% to 98%. The charge remains stable and the battery only reaches a max temperature of 102.2 degrees during the charge. Apparently the charge tech will require a special type of battery so the charger itself will not necessarily charge all phones this quick. The battery used for this tech will remain durable, and retain an 80% capacity even after 800 charge cycles. Meizu has not yet announced when they will make this tech available in a phone, but my guess is they will make it happen as soon as possible!

via Meizu

Briankbl

Reaction score
Title is misleading lol... That can't charge my phone in 20 minutes, or anyone's phone in 20 minutes. Requires a special battery. Thanks for the click bait title.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Can I get a charger that is just clear. Maybe some RBG lighting? I don't care about 20 minute charges, I want a cool plug instead of a white or black brick that sticks out 2+ inches from the wall begging to be kicked and broken.