"Media Area"

RAZRLee

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the media area means under Settings>Applications>manage applications ?

I currently have two apps pre ticked (Bejeweled and Totemo) and both appear to work and open ok and the file size is minute compared to others. There are also loads of other apps in there that arent ticked but i can manually "move to media area"

I do not have an SD card

At the bottom it states Internal Storage 7.9gb free under media area whereas under Downloaded it states 3.3gb free ??

Ive tried a search of the net but cant locate a definitive answer, can anyone help?

Oaklands

Reaction score
It is the same thing as the old move to scard option. Your 2nd partition of your internal card is seen as an external sdcard.

Deron

Reaction score
The phone's internal storage memory is partitioned. Some of it is reserved for the operating system (and is thus inaccessible to you), some is reserved to store media (pics, music, apps that you have moved to the media storage partition), and then a partition that is for general storage.

On the Razr, any apps that allow the "transfer to Micro SD card" feature will instead transfer the app to that partition in the phone's internal memory called Media Area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
R

RAZRLee

Reaction score
cheers guys, ive read that there have been issues with apps moved to the media area, do either of you have experience of that? i still have loads of room in the downloaded area so no real need to move them to the media area yet but just curious

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
cheers guys, ive read that there have been issues with apps moved to the media area, do either of you have experience of that? i still have loads of room in the downloaded area so no real need to move them to the media area yet but just curious

Ya I get that issue sometimes. I just move it back to phone. I've experienced issues with losing the app when in my internal SD after rebooted

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Deron

Reaction score
cheers guys, ive read that there have been issues with apps moved to the media area, do either of you have experience of that?

Hmmm. Nope. Every app that I moved over to Media Area has worked just as intended.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
@RazrLee

Yep any app I have downloaded and stored in the media area has an issue with its icon, it seems to go to the default gears icon (only after a reboot). The apps still work. This is a minor bug but it does need to be addressed because at some point people will start to run into lack of memory issues on the first partition.