Apps to Media Area

superdan84

Reaction score
Hello, Im not sure if this is a ROM problem or just some weird problem with the D3 itself. When I go to manage apps and click on apps to move to the media area, some will move and others will come back with a message that says "failed to move application. there is not enough storage left." but it clearly shows that I have 9.6 GB of free internal storage space. And even my application storage is at 1.2 GB free. And SD card has 6.62 GB free. If anyone could help me figure this out I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello, Im not sure if this is a ROM problem or just some weird problem with the D3 itself. When I go to manage apps and click on apps to move to the media area, some will move and others will come back with a message that says "failed to move application. there is not enough storage left." but it clearly shows that I have 9.6 GB of free internal storage space. And even my application storage is at 1.2 GB free. And SD card has 6.62 GB free. If anyone could help me figure this out I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

I'm on the Bionic, but I assume the following is true for the D3 also: If you have apps in the Media Area, they will become unusable if you reboot. They will appear to become uninstalled. The Media Area, at this time, is not for app storage. That may change when we all get ICS, but for now, it doesn't seem to work.

Plus if you have 1.2 GB free in apps storage, why would you want to move anything?

Good luck.

OP
S

superdan84

Reaction score
If its not for app storage then why does it even give you the option to move your apps to the Media Area? I used to always store apps on my sd with the D1 and it definitely helped with speed, I just assumed the same went for the D3 and I thought the Media Area was acting like the sd did for the D1. Ive also had times where I would download an app and it wouldnt install saying there wasnt enough storage available but there easily was.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If its not for app storage then why does it even give you the option to move your apps to the Media Area? I used to always store apps on my sd with the D1 and it definitely helped with speed, I just assumed the same went for the D3 and I thought the Media Area was acting like the sd did for the D1. Ive also had times where I would download an app and it wouldnt install saying there wasnt enough storage available but there easily was.

We think that this file storage system is in place for Ice Cream Sandwich. I've read in a number of places that "it will all make sense once we have ICS".

On the D1 moving apps made sense as it had limited Ram and limited app storage space. The Bionic and D3 have ample amounts of both. All it would do is slow them down.

Good luck.