Maxx Hd or Original Maxx

Reaction score
I currently have the Iphone 4s and want to throw it in the garbage. I have had Original droid as well as the droid x. Was all set to get the bionic when it was announced at CES, and then all hell broke loose with the phone. I did not want to continue to wait(i am very impatient when it comes to phones) I went to HTC thunderbolt and regretted every second of it. I then bought the iphone 4 after about 4 months of having the thunderbolt. I am still very gun-shy about the bionic situation. Now we are getting maybe delays that could go into 2013 for the HD maxx. My question is do you guys think I should just get the current maxx rather then waiting for who knows how long for the HD? I am not that big of a fan of the S3. I dont watch movies or play games on my phones. Do you think waiting for the Hd Maxx would be a major upgrade over the current model? Like I said I am majority email-surfing and book reader? Thanks Guys.

Caesars

Reaction score
I would wait, that being said i love my maxx.

Return of the Android

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The maxxhd is in my future for sure, now with the antenna prob I will not pre order. My maxx is 3 months old and is awesome.

Squeak87

Reaction score
I haven't looked up all the specs and changes the Razr HD has but if its just an HD display then I personally think it'd be a waste of money. I don't watch movies on my phone so I really see no need for an HD display, but if I didn't have a Maxx already and was looking for a new phone I might consider it.

(Droid Razr Maxx <<ICS .215>>)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Nothing earth shattering that would want to make me upgrade from my Maxx to the HD. The screen is HD but IMO that doesn't make that much of a difference on a handheld device. It is still a pentile display. And the added size of the screen is going to be taken up by the onscreen nav buttons except when viewing full screen for certain apps and movies. The processor is a little faster and it has 32GB of onboard storage. Beyond that not much. Both will get JB eventually. If I was in a buying situation right now I would wait and see if the Maxx drops in price when the HD is released. A $99 Maxx would be hard to pass up.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
They are going to have to come out with something that has 2GB of RAM to get me to make a switch, especially if I stick to my guns and pay full price to not lose unlimited data.

schooner44

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation however I bought the Bionic instead of switching (not sure which of us is worse off). I have an upgrade coming this Friday and I'm going to get the original Maxx. Right now you can get them on an upgrade for $69 which is just insane for a phone like that. The deciding factor was when a friend of mine said the Maxx was the best phone he's ever had by a longshot. He is a Regional Verizon rep and gets all the new phones all the time so I value his opinion quite a bit.

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation however I bought the Bionic instead of switching (not sure which of us is worse off). I have an upgrade coming this Friday and I'm going to get the original Maxx. Right now you can get them on an upgrade for $69 which is just insane for a phone like that. The deciding factor was when a friend of mine said the Maxx was the best phone he's ever had by a longshot. He is a Regional Verizon rep and gets all the new phones all the time so I value his opinion quite a bit.

Im leaning heavily to getting the maxx in the next do or so. I have read alot of people who said this was by far the best phone they have ever had. I also was told by a current Maxx user, even if they upgrade the current razr maxx, he would not get rid of his. I have heard many ringing endorsements about this phone.

davidvw

Reaction score
Great Phone

I will not buy another phone that doesn't have an extended type battery or a battery/software combo. My phone must last thru heavy use and still have 15% plus at the end of the day. I have used BB's (great usage, poor UI by today's standards), Iphone, Androids, Palms and by far, Razr Maxx does the most and still has battery left to spare.
I think it is great at 9pm at night and my iPhone colleagues are having to shut their phones down and are depending on my Google Navigation on the Razr Maxx. I like it so much that my sales staff will only get a RMaxx till a new, better phone comes out. Because people abuse their phones, we insist on equipping each phone with a slim rubberized cover and a screen cover like Zagg. Best investment in communication we have made.
Plus it does everything i want to do at home. Only thing missing is making it a TV remote. Maybe it does that and i don't know about it. My Ipaq did that 10 years ago, but it wasn't a phone.