Maxx HD from Thunderbolt?

2001400ex

Reaction score
Having come from the tbolt, I couldn't wait to get rid of it! I always had a charger in my pocket and if it didn't crash, I would have to charge it at least twice a day. Had it not been for the trade-in value, I would have thrown it in the lake! So when the RAZR MAXX came out, I jumped on it and haven't looked back. I love the battery life and have not had any issues with the OS crashing like I did with the tbolt. I had an upgrade for my other line and now have the MAXX HD and was able to keep my unlimited data :p

The MAXX HD has a great feel to it unlike the S3. With the Circle Widget, I don't miss the HTC Sense at all, especially with Jelly Bean being pushed out in a few days. The best part for me is, the phone is only as good as long as you can use it. So if the battery dies, who cares about a quad core or 2gig :blink: I stream Pandora through my Avic on my way to and from work, every day, with BT, GPS and 4G on all the time. Moderate use throughout the day; I still have 90% battery life after 14 hours 47 minutes. That there is a no brainer for me :D

Did you really mean to type 90%? Because mine will be down to 90% after a couple hours, not 15. That seems ridiculous. The last few days, mine has been dying about 9 at night, but I am in a hotel room with nothing better to do when I get done with work. So about 4 hours on screen time, listened to music on my sd card for about 5 hours.

caddyg1

Reaction score
Wow, with my brick extended battery that's insane. Even with my brick, I always have a charger in range. Maybe that's why its slowly dying. Over charging it.

In you opinion are the screen and camera equivalent or better?

Red meat is not bad for you; green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

With the brightness on Auto; I have not really notices a big difference in the display from the MAXX and the MAXX HD. They both have a Super AMOLED display, but the HD has a higher resolution and pixel density. With the brightness turned up all the way, I can see that the HD is more rich with contrast than the MAXX.

Did you really mean to type 90%? Because mine will be down to 90% after a couple hours, not 15. That seems ridiculous. The last few days, mine has been dying about 9 at night, but I am in a hotel room with nothing better to do when I get done with work. So about 4 hours on screen time, listened to music on my sd card for about 5 hours.

Yep, 90%. That's exactly what my battery screen said when I wrote the post last night. Some days are better than others, but like I said, with moderate use, I have never got home with less than 80% after 13 - 14 hours. I can imagine you may be in an area where the signal is weak and with nothing better to do, are on it for 5 hours straight. Even then, I would think there may be something wrong... When I first got the MAXX HD, I was on it constantly, playing with everything and still it would last 2 days. That being said, my tbolt could be sitting at my desk, doing nothing all day and within 5 hours, I would need to charge it.

OP
pctdavis

pctdavis

Reaction score
Well, put my hands on the MAXX HD today. That is a pretty nice phone. Have to wait for my wifes contract to expire so I can do both lines together. Wife saw the $299 price tag and asked me to explain why I needed to spend so much on another new phone. This may take some work! Thanks guys.

SteveYau

Reaction score
Just ordered my Maxx HD from Amazon to replace by Thunderbolt. I can not wait, I had the original Droid before the T bolt. Nice to come back to Motorola.

OP
pctdavis

pctdavis

Reaction score
Just ordered my Maxx HD from Amazon to replace by Thunderbolt. I can not wait, I had the original Droid before the T bolt. Nice to come back to Motorola.

I am on the exact same track. I wonder how many others are following the same progression? Your right, it was nice to hold a Motorola again. Samsung is nice, but I do like the feel of Motorola. Let us know how you like the phone. I won't be ordering until after the 18th.

caddyg1

Reaction score

Sounds like the same route I took. Droid OG, tbolt, RAZR, RAZR MAXX now MAXX HD. You're gonna Love it :i-m_so_happy:

SteveYau

Reaction score
Does the RMHD have the "droiiiiid" ringtone for txt msg and email notification? I kind if miss that from my OG Droid.

hancered

Reaction score
SteveYau said:
Does the RMHD have the "droiiiiid" ringtone for txt msg and email notification? I kind if miss that from my OG Droid.

Yes is does have that ringtone. I love that one myself.

caddyg1

Reaction score

Yep, seems like all Droids have it. Love the Droiiid myself and they added a bunch of new Droid themed ring tones too...

bohemouth

Reaction score
I came from the Droid X which was an awesome phone, i got the og maxx and it for somereason didn't like me, I didn't love it, went through two of them, I hemmed and hawwed before deciding to take the plunge into the Maxx HD world. I HAVEN"T LOOKED BACK SINCE! I am absolutely in love with this phone. it's easy like my X but it's like, Droid X on 'roids. Get the Maxx. It's Mo'betta.

OP
pctdavis

pctdavis

Reaction score
Thought of another question. Is there an email widget for Exchange email like we have on the thunderbolt? That is the widget i use the most and would hate to only have an icon.
Thanks.

SteveYau

Reaction score
My DMHD arrived yesterday and it is everything I wanted and more. Everything just work and so fast and smooth unlike my former slow-bolt. Now it is being updated with JB as we speak.

Today I unplugged at 7am. My work desk flip flop between 3G and 4 G. Being a new phone I played with it a lot. At 11pm, I still have 26% battery, amazing!

caddyg1

Reaction score
My DMHD arrived yesterday and it is everything I wanted and more. Everything just work and so fast and smooth unlike my former slow-bolt. Now it is being updated with JB as we speak.

Today I unplugged at 7am. My work desk flip flop between 3G and 4 G. Being a new phone I played with it a lot. At 11pm, I still have 26% battery, amazing!

Welcome to the New Hotness :D

OP
pctdavis

pctdavis

Reaction score
Thought of another question. Is there an email widget for Exchange email like we have on the thunderbolt? That is the widget i use the most and would hate to only have an icon.

Has anyone seen a list of the widgets that come standard on this phone?

Gleason81

Reaction score
IMO the maxx hd is the best android phone on the market right now, all things considered. With the possible exception of the camera, which I couldn't care less about. I rarely if ever use it.

The screen on the maxx is gorgeous. 1080p is nothing but a marketing gimmick and a battery hog. WIth the naked eye you can't tell the difference. 11g of usable storage on the DNA? It's a joke. 1g of ram vs 2g, again you won't notice the difference. The DNA needs the extra horsepower to run Sense. And that 2020 mah battery will be eaten up in a hurry with that big screen.

Get the Maxx. You won't be sorry.

Good summary...agree 100%