Market issue...I believe but not sure

DroidFan88

Reaction score
Here is my problem. I used Motocache's rooting method for stock FRG22D and everything had been working fine. Apps2sd was working well and then all of a sudden, none of the apps on my SD card show up on my screens and show as installed. With that, when I go into settings and manage applications, the icon over to the right that is loading the app list just keeps spinning and spinning and never completes. When I click on an app to force close it or uninstall it, it says "computing" on every app so when I try and FC it or uninstall it, it just hangs and never completes. I've reverted to older nandroid backups, and the same issue happens. I've re-wiped data and cache and re-installed and it still happens. I've used RSD lite through the bootloader and re-flashed FRG22D, FRG01, rooted and unrooted, but I can't see to get rid of this issue. I feel, somehow, I have some corrupted system files or some system app is doing this but I'm at a loss as to what it could be. I've read posts about apps not installing but the FCing Market and google apps, shutting phone down, pulling battery and re-booting hasn't worked either.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? I've been trying work on this for over a week now and finally decided to see if you guys can help. Any ideas?

strang66

Reaction score
Do you have any task killers installed, of you do, try uninstalling them and reboot phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
It sounds more to me like you are having problems with your sdcard itself. Also, with froyo, when you do a factory data reset, I get the most harmonious outcome from my apps/market by doing this. Once you re-sign back into your google account, just set the phone down and don't touch it at all until you see the "xxx applications restored" message in your notification bar.

See if that will help you with your market problems on one of your backups that you might not have been using apps2sd with. Then if you have another sdcard around, try it.

However, IMHO, I don't really use apps2sd much as that is the weakest link in the chain, the sdcard itself.

good luck

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It sounds more to me like you are having problems with your sdcard itself. Also, with froyo, when you do a factory data reset, I get the most harmonious outcome from my apps/market by doing this. Once you re-sign back into your google account, just set the phone down and don't touch it at all until you see the "xxx applications restored" message in your notification bar.

See if that will help you with your market problems on one of your backups that you might not have been using apps2sd with. Then if you have another sdcard around, try it.

However, IMHO, I don't really use apps2sd much as that is the weakest link in the chain, the sdcard itself.

good luck

This would be my bet as well. Kinda glad I did the old manual way of rooting! Took longer but no issues to date.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm thinking SD card issues as well. Nothing to do with the rooting method, ROM, or build you're running. SD cards can just go. Try pulling the card, reinserting it, and then booting again. If not, see if you can get the card to read in a reader and try a different card you know to be good. That should tell you.

OP
D

DroidFan88

Reaction score
I pulled the SD card out and put it back in but still had the same issue. I also put it in a reader and plugged it into my laptop and was able to read the card find, deleted and added files to it without a problem. Maybe the card is still bad but I'm not sold on that as the issue yet. I'll keep trying all sorts of things until I find something that works.

Any more ideas will be appreciated.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Try a different card in the phone, make sure it's not the connection point or the phone itself.

+1 ^^^ this.

If this is not the case then try what I already mentioned, restore to a nandroid backup before you set up apps2sd.

good luck

Picaso86

Reaction score
I pulled the SD card out and put it back in but still had the same issue. I also put it in a reader and plugged it into my laptop and was able to read the card find, deleted and added files to it without a problem. Maybe the card is still bad but I'm not sold on that as the issue yet. I'll keep trying all sorts of things until I find something that works.

Any more ideas will be appreciated.

Dude, I am having the same FN issue for the past 2 weeks. it is really frustrating! I am about to give up and throw my phone away :)icon_eek:) nah, but honestly, I tried everything on the "book" ... except doing a "factory reset" and getting a new SD card. Did you find a solution for this?

on a side note: I checked my SD card & phone storage status and it says:

SD card: 14.83GB
Available Space: 664MB

Phone Available Space: 189MB - with 25 apps installed.

Is this normal? I probably have 600 songs & like 200 pics on SD. maybe my backups and ROMs are taking up that much space.. i dont know. I noticed a bunch of folders from previous deleted apps too.. should I delete them?

thanks for any help :]

Picaso86

Reaction score
Clockwork backups take a LOT of space. SPRecovery backups still take up hundreds of megs.

I guess when I get home I am deleting some of those... one more question... how can I improve my internal memory storage?