Market Force Closing

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the market force closing? Every time I download an app from the market it force closes around the time that it finishes installing. Then it will ransdomly pop up one or two times after that with a FC.

I have applied the market fix for the sync issue, but this was happening before and after.

Ay ideas?

OP
vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have a Titanium backup from the previous ROM, can I reinstall the market from there? or is there a market apk that can be pushed?

or is this a setting of some sort?

trebb

Reaction score
the same thing happens to me :(

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tjkriegel

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the market force closing? Every time I download an app from the market it force closes around the time that it finishes installing. Then it will ransdomly pop up one or two times after that with a FC.

I have applied the market fix for the sync issue, but this was happening before and after.

Ay ideas?

I had that problem, used the gapps update at the bottom off the 0.7.0 post and that took care of it.

OP
vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Ay ideas?

I had that problem, used the gapps update at the bottom off the 0.7.0 post and that took care of it.

I ran that (at least I'm 99.99999% sure.) I'll give it another shot and see what happens. Will report back later.

OP
vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Ay ideas?

I ran that (at least I'm 99.99999% sure.) I'll give it another shot and see what happens. Will report back later.

nope. no go. even wiped market data. same crap. this is getting annoying. submitted a bug report, will wait to see what happens I guess.

dontcare

Reaction score
Same thing...getting REALLY annoying...

Than again I did just do alot ****.

I had the 0.7 sapphire so i updated that to 0.8, put a new theme on, and got the 1.2ghz lv kernal, than put the gapps and the "market fix", all of which from sapphires site...

no matter what I do it still does it...dont really wanna go back to what I had before tho...I love this :(

heleos

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I did some googling, and read that during googles attempt to redownload and install all your previous market apps, if you open the market, you can mess stuff up.

My solution: Did a clean wipe and reinstalled 0.8.4, waited for google to re-install my apps.... And it didn't. So I manually reinstalled everything from market, and haven't seen the problem since

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get the same thing, it happens when I move apps to and from the SD card also

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
proposed install order:

base rom
gapps

--- at this point reboot, let google sync/restore apps/etc.

kernel

--- reboot to check stability

theme

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
make sure to wipe /data and /cache before install. official support will only be rendered to those who have done so. it's the only way to eliminate weird problems that may be caused by stale data.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
There is another thread about this already, I think the problem is the vending.apk included with some of the themes is bad. If you are themed and having problems get the vending.apk from the gapps update and push it to system. If you are having problems with no theme then I don't know what the problem is. Somebody should post to bugzilla so they can fix it. Here is my post on the other thread, I uploaded the vending.apk there.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cvpcs/59082-market-force-closing-3.html