market fix?

leftbrain99

Reaction score
I'm trying out Sapphire for the first time but I'm trying to figure out the market app issue. Market did not sync for me and no apps were reinstalled. Then I tried the market_fix update.zip to no avail. Is there anything special I am supposed to do with the market_fix other than installing the update.zip? I see very little info on it and it did not seem to have any effect for me.

Are people with this problem just reinstalling apps by hand or do Titanium backups reinstall? I have had issues with Titanium reinstalling with other Froyo ROMs.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used titanium to restore the app only, not app+data.

Rettocs

Reaction score
I used MyBackup Pro and restored both app+data, so far so good. Normally, though, I just do it by hand, one by one.

OP
leftbrain99

leftbrain99

Reaction score
OK. I guess I don't really know what market_fix actually does, then.

mph122074

Reaction score
OK. I guess I don't really know what market_fix actually does, then.

The market fix is a fix so that all of your paid apps show up in the market. It has nothing to do with the installation of your previous apps.

Due to some of the changes in some of the newest FroYo builds it is not possible yet to have the apps auto sync like they used to.

This feature will likely not return until we get a lot closer to a Official Update from Google, or Motorola, or (i hate to say it) Verizon...

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but I just want to make sure. I've installed the market fix by renaming to update.zip and using SPRecovery to install. Is this all I need to do? Or do I need to run a script?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but I just want to make sure. I've installed the market fix by renaming to update.zip and using SPRecovery to install. Is this all I need to do? Or do I need to run a script?

That's it. You're done. :)

OP
leftbrain99

leftbrain99

Reaction score

SteveO... Go PACK!

SteveONCSU

Reaction score

SteveO... Go PACK!

Go Pack! So my downloaded apps still aren't showing after installing this through SPRecovery. I'm going to try a different approach I read in another forum:
1) Wipe Data
2) Install ROM
3) Install Market Fix
4) Log in to Google account

Hopefully this works, I would hate to have to go through each app individually. The weird part is, when I view an app through the market, it says I have it installed, its just not on the Download area.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apps don't restore in 0.7.0, don't they? I always thought they didn't because of the new market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
leftbrain99

leftbrain99

Reaction score
So my downloaded apps still aren't showing after installing this through SPRecovery. I'm going to try a different approach I read in another forum:
1) Wipe Data
2) Install ROM
3) Install Market Fix

Hopefully this works, I would hate to have to go through each app individually. The weird part is, when I view an app through the market, it says I have it installed, its just not on the Download area.

Yeah, you are in the same boat I'm in. Like mph said in response to me earlier in this thread, the market fix doesn't actually restore your downloaded apps, but only syncs paid apps. I think the only way to restore apps is individually through the market or using a backup manager like Titanium to restore them if you are able to make a backup of all your apps on your previous ROM first. I haven't tried yet, but I'm about to do just that.

It's ridiculous how hot it is outside here in Raleigh today, btw.

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
Chasing my tail??

Apps don't restore in 0.7.0, don't they? I always thought they didn't because of the new market.

Then maybe I'm chasing my tail. When I go back to my original backup that is unrooted, etc, I still don't have my apps listed in the 'Downloads' area.

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
So my downloaded apps still aren't showing after installing this through SPRecovery. I'm going to try a different approach I read in another forum:
1) Wipe Data
2) Install ROM
3) Install Market Fix

Yeah, you are in the same boat I'm in. Like mph said in response to me earlier in this thread, the market fix doesn't actually restore your downloaded apps, but only syncs paid apps. I think the only way to restore apps is individually through the market or using a backup manager like Titanium to restore them if you are able to make a backup of all your apps on your previous ROM first. I haven't tried yet, but I'm about to do just that.

Yea its very hot, the data center at my company just went down because of this heat. Which is why I'm on here! dancedroid

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I just decided not to go to Raleigh because of how hot it was. Brother had a doctors appointment about his ankle that I broke :p

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if using titanium run market doctor. if not using it just d/l and install some app you will delete and then the downloads section should populate.