market fix?

OP
leftbrain99

leftbrain99

Reaction score
Apps don't restore in 0.7.0, don't they? I always thought they didn't because of the new market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Then maybe I'm chasing my tail. When I go back to my original backup that is unrooted, etc, I still don't have my apps listed in the 'Downloads' area.

I installed this ROM and my apps did not restore automatically. I tried the market fix, thinking that would work, but that's not what it is for. When I restored my previous nandroid backup, my apps were all there. I'm not sure what is different in your case. I made sure I had good backups of all my apps using Titanium and now I'm about to reinstall this ROM and restore the apps that way.

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
if using titanium run market doctor. if not using it just d/l and install some app you will delete and then the downloads section should populate.

Its funny you mention this, I try to download an app but I cannot. Its stuck on "Staring download...". Uggghhh

OP
leftbrain99

leftbrain99

Reaction score
...just d/l and install some app you will delete and then the downloads section should populate.

That has never worked for me, and it did not this time, either.

And restoring apps using Titanium gives me "There is a problem parsing the package" on about 75% of the apps. Only 25% installed.

Last edited:

bhughesiii

Reaction score
The solution I found for getting apps to sync is install 6.2 and let your apps sync, then install 7.0 over the top of it with no wipe. That is how I done it and no problems at all. I even download and update apps on the market without issue.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
...just d/l and install some app you will delete and then the downloads section should populate.

That has never worked for me, and it did not this time, either.

And restoring apps using Titanium gives me "There is a problem parsing the package" on about 75% of the apps. Only 25% installed.
sounds like you are trying to restore previous system apps.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thata odd, working on instruction manual for Joel (titanium dev) so I tried to recreate this and could not.
wonder if you had corrupt backups, did you ever run the verify backup tool on these ?

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
I'm giving up on getting my full list of apps I've downloaded under the "Downloads" area of the market. I've tried so many times and so many different things that I don't know what to do. The worst part is, on my original stock backup, I can't download any app at all through the market. I can only download new apps in one of my newer ROMs.