Market apps stuck at downloading or won't install?

Mikey311

Reaction score
I recently had a problem with the market and noticed a lot of people had the same issue. When getting a new app from the market the app will either say "Starting Download" and nothing happens or the app downloads but doesn't install. I found a few threads on this problem but no fixes. so here's what i did to fix it.

I recently rooted my phone and renamed some of the bloatware apps to get rid of them. (.apk to .bak)

i don't use gtalk so i decided to do the same with Talk.apk and gtalkservice.apk. i also did the same with DLNA.apk (not sure if this has anything to do with it but i put it back and it works)

so if you're having trouble with the market apps make sure you have Talk.apk and gtalkservice.apk on and running in the background.

hope this helps anybody!

xptxdrumz

Reaction score
Im having same prob. I rooted phone w one click root. How do i install gtalk anddl talk again? Thanks for the help dude

First time rooting so not the smartest thing on my behalf deleting things like that.

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
If you deleted them and not back it up you're gonna have to find the apk. I can upload mine but idj
K if that against the rules or not here. I'm sure a quick google search will yield some downloads. You might have to use adb to put them back.

What I did was rename the apk to bak. That way I didn't delete anything. There's a "how to" on this forum.

Let me know if you need me to upload anything. I think a pm would be fine. If not, i won't haha

ChodeNode

Reaction score
I just fixed this problem as of 5 minutes ago. I had a Nandroid back-up already but restoring to it didn't fix the problem. Clearing the cache for just about every installed app didn't work. Signing onto GTalk didn't work. Booting into recovery and clearing the Cache partition didn't work.

Taking my phone back to stock and then restoring the Nandroid backup WORKED.