Android Market Won't Download

sddenizen

Reaction score
I had a problem and had to do a restore. Now when I try to reinstall some of the applications I downloaded, I get the message: "The application Market (process.com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Not sure how fix this problem.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've not had that problem. Perhaps there was an interruption to you 3G or WIFI service or if your were downloading multiple apps perhaps one hung.

I would return and try again.

Mike

OP
S

sddenizen

Reaction score
I have tried many times with a good signal or strong wifi. It's not a connection to the "market:" problem. I seem to be able to download a program but when I try to open it I get the error message that I recited in my earlier post.

Is there a way to uninstall Market and reinstall it?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry I misunderstood. Are you able to download any app and open successfully?

I'm not aware of any way that you can uninstall the market app.

Mike

OP
S

sddenizen

Reaction score
I tried downloading Google Maps, among other apps. My Droid showed that it was successfully downloaded but when I tried to open it I got the error message. When I went back to downloads in Market, it still showed Google Maps still being downloading with out any progress on the download bar. Other apps the download bar just spins with no progress being shown and I have to cancel the download.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say that I have no idea what is causing your problem. Did you change anything just prior to having this problem?

Mike

schluet42682

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my ally. I have tried everything i can think of, and probably have made it worse, but nothing fixes the issue.