need help problem with market

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
Hey, I have rom manager, and I tried to update it and it still says downloading but nothing is being downloaded, and when I try to cancel, it fc's and says process.com.android.vending has stopped working and will now force close, I ytried the permissions thing but that didn't work. Anyone have any ideas? Also I uninstalled it and it still says downloading, thanks

OP
dr01dm0dd3r

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
oh, and I uninstalled rom manager premium to see if that would work, no dice....

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You really need to give any forum site at least a day for responses. If you need an immediate answer then a forum site is the wrong place to ask.

OP
dr01dm0dd3r

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
Its just rom manager that doesn't work, so I don't kno if I want to factory reset it, any other suggestions

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its just rom manager that doesn't work, so I don't kno if I want to factory reset it, any other suggestions

Take a look at the stickies in this area. One of the reasons I put you over here. See if you don't see something similar, I'm pretty sure you will.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
More details will help too. The thread's title makes me think you have market issues but your post makes it sound like RM is the only thing you can't update in the market. If so it just might be a temporary issue with RM.

Can you uninstall RM to then try and reinstall it? Does it show up in the market at all? If so can you see comments and the update button? At what point do you realize you are stuck? You should have a contact the dev email contact within the market for the tool too, especially as its a paid app.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
You really need to give any forum site at least a day for responses. If you need an immediate answer then a forum site is the wrong place to ask.
^^^ +1

I have had the market take it's sweet time sometimes while downloading things. I have tried everything under the sun as well. The only thing that MIGHT help is to go on your phone:

menu -> settings -> applications -> manage applications -> select all at the top -> find your market app (might be vending.apk) and clear data and/or cache there.

If that doesn't work, then just have patience grasshopper.

On another note, if you have nandroid backup(s), you just restore your latest one right after a factory reset, hence losing nothing really.

good luck

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This has happened randomly with me lately, but I can never figure out a sure fire fix when it has happened, so I'm shooting from the hip here.

1, Try going to downloads in the market, and long pressing on the app the force closes when you go into the app, and click cancel.

2, Update another app while the other app is trying to download.

3, Uninstall it, then reinstall.

Those have worked with me in the past, as this has happened to me several times. 1 may not work, or all of them might not work, it is just things that seemed to helped.

1 quick question, are you on a built from source Froyo ROM?