Many contacts combined under one name

rsabamd

Reaction score
I have a real problem with contacts on my Droid phone, but NOT when I log into my Google account on the web.There's one contact (say their name is John) that has many people connected to it. When I search for Sam, John's contact information shows. When I edit John's contact, I see that there are many contacts, including Sam that are listed below John's contact information. I have tried to run "Separate Contacts" , but nothing happens. I have even tried to restore my contacts several times and nothing changes. When I log into Google Mail on my PC and search for Sam in the contacts, everything looks fine.

Hope someone can help

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have a real problem with contacts on my Droid phone, but NOT when I log into my Google account on the web.There's one contact (say their name is John) that has many people connected to it. When I search for Sam, John's contact information shows. When I edit John's contact, I see that there are many contacts, including Sam that are listed below John's contact information. I have tried to run "Separate Contacts" , but nothing happens. I have even tried to restore my contacts several times and nothing changes. When I log into Google Mail on my PC and search for Sam in the contacts, everything looks fine.

Hope someone can help
When you open the Contacts app > 3 dot menu > Contacts To Display what options are checked? Only your Google account?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk