MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) for Droid?

knightshade

Reaction score
I saw the thread about NES/SNES emulators...
That got me to wondering... Is there a verison of MAME for Android?

I've done some googling, annd found references to "Android Arcade" -
but apparently that only supports a subset of what MAME does...
(Capcom, Cave, and Neo Geo games)

Is anyone aware of anything else out there?
It would be interesting to see what the Droid does with some of these classic games....

AFMDroid

Reaction score
I'm in the process of trying out Jrioni Arcade...it has an option to rotate the screen, so you can use the Dpad of the Droid on the left side, so I was sold. There's a free lite version to try out, so give it a look.

Prodigy4

Reaction score
I'm in the process of trying out Jrioni Arcade...it has an option to rotate the screen, so you can use the Dpad of the Droid on the left side, so I was sold. There's a free lite version to try out, so give it a look.

I saw the thread about NES/SNES emulators...
That got me to wondering... Is there a verison of MAME for Android?

I've done some googling, annd found references to "Android Arcade" -
but apparently that only supports a subset of what MAME does...
(Capcom, Cave, and Neo Geo games)

Is anyone aware of anything else out there?
It would be interesting to see what the Droid does with some of these classic games....

bump...any luck? i want to get it too

OP
K

knightshade

Reaction score
Not yet...
So many apps to play with on the Droid, I'm starting with the productivity ones - games will come in time :)

brianr0131

Reaction score

Does the paid verion allow other roms to work? I really wanna play sinistar on my droid.

azneon

Reaction score
Jarcade works with many mame .34 roms and Sinistar does work, control is a bit hard though.

brianr0131

Reaction score
I downloaded the paid version and rec'd my code etc.... I have a few issues I will list them in order. These issues may be common to all emulators on an android device, and there may be no work-arounds. If this is the case can someone please point that out. I don't want to talk bad about an app if the issuesI have are inherent to the OS and hardware limitations.

1. No ability to "save state"
2. If a phone call comes in the game is lost.
3. a lot of the roms I got from the suggested website don't run It says it plays 34-35b roms or something like that. Does anyone know of a MAME ROM site that lists these specs?

myx

Reaction score
I would love to see MAME on Android. Although I am not sure how they would solve the scaling. I had MAME on the Palm but it was a tad flaky.

It may not be a good idea to ask for ROM sites on a forum as the MAME nazis always use forums to track down and shut down these places. You might try to find a place that sells a set of MAME DVDs. Usually you can get a set of like 5 or 6 dvds which have all ROMS up to current times. Many of the old school games will work under the 34.

Sinstar used a 49 way joystick. I can't imagine that the d-pad will do it justice. But give it a whirl. That said, I have to imagine that Defender would be a PITA too. Imagine touch screen Robotron (utilizing multitouch).

dknight0

Reaction score
i've been a mame user for over 10 years now... never had an issue.. I'm trying to get my collection on my new droid and am having no luck.. has anyone actually gotten this to work? if so, what apps are you using? I tried the jarcard (jrioni) emulator, but every rom i try to load just reports: "ROM File Error!"
I treid converting some using cmp3125_32.exe (and clrmame), but I still get the error ON EVERY ROM..
looks like some of you have gotten some to work on Droid... any secrets you can share? I'd be happy to pay for an app if I can make one work...

i heart my droid

Reaction score
Have you gotten the jarcade to work?? When I load my roms, launch Jarcade, says load rom.. I got to the file and it goes no further almost like it is not the right file in there. What am I doing wrong? any help would be great.

xo53

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
I want to start playing retro MAME Games I had downloaded some games but I can't install the RetroArch emulator on my Samsung phone. is there any other MAME emulator for android that supports this kind of game because on google the RetroArch is the only one that I found. pls, write some android emulators in the comments so I can find them download and install it. Tnx in advance.

Last edited: