CPS2HD Questions...

NVash

Reaction score
I was just about to buy these two emulators when I came across a few problems. I know theres games that cant be played by a regular MAME emulator, they need the CPS2 one. Knowing this I found CPS but it said to get CPS2HD for the Droid. So I was going to purchase CPS2HD but I read in the reviews that many games it wont play. Of course, I dont want to drop $5 on an emulator that barely plays games. I wanted to play games like Jojos Bizarre Adventure, Street Fighter III, the various renditions of Samurai Shodown and King Of Fighters and maybe even Marvel VS Capcom. Does anyone have this installed already? Do they know what games it plays and what it doesnt? Is it a worthwhile purchase?

And the rest of the MAME games, they can be played by using Jrioni Arcade Full Version I assume? Thats $4, is that any good?

I kinda wish these were like GBCoid and the rest with free demos but they dont appear to be.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since no one here knows, try contacting the Dev.

ClausG76

Reaction score
I bought both. But haven't installed cps2hd at the moment because I have controlling isues. I had problems using more than one button at the time, both hardware and touch on my milestone. The jarcade is great but you have to remember that it is a port of an old mame version. That means fewer games are supported than with modern mame versions. The only issues I have on my milestone was that I had to add hardware buttons manually by changing the settings file with a text editor. There is also some slowdownsin some of the Neogeo games like goal 3x but other games runs great

ClausG76

Reaction score
Did you create the cache file first. There is an option to do that in the emulator. Just push create cache, then chose the file you want create a cache file for. Wait for it to finish, then you should be able to load it. I think allmost all games should work, and with great speed to.

ClausG76

Reaction score
Ok I finaly got apps2sd working, so I could fit in cps2hd. I found out the multitouch feature wasn'y actuly a bug but a hotkey feature. It works when you turn it of. And for roms you need to use mame roms (cps2)

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
So do games like King Of Fighters, Street Fighter III, Samurai Shodown V, the newer Metal Slug and Jojo work? The ROM Compatibility List that the site says to check out doesnt have them listed. Id hate to pay for this app and find out it cant play the games Im trying to play here.

ClausG76

Reaction score
King of fighters 94-97, samurai shodown IV and metal slug 1 works with jarcade. Metal slug 2 has slowdowns on my milestone.
Streetfighter alpha works with cps 2, i thinks all cps 2 games should work.
The newer version you mention would run a lot better on gngeo if someone would port that to android. A newer SDL mame would also support them, but it would run slower tham the mame 0.34 that the Jarcade is a port of.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Thanks. I didnt think it was quite up to the task of running the games I really wanted yet. Doubt it can do SNK VS Capcom either.

ClausG76

Reaction score
It's not supported in jarcade. But it would run great with a deasent port of gngeo like garou also would

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Ah, Garou. How could I have forgotten that game? I used to love that on Dreamcast.

Droidfish

Reaction score
This is by far the best emulator on android, how did I not know about this sooner? If anybody ever played cps2 or any capcom arcades(dungeon and dragons, all the street fighter clones, xmen, the list goes onand on....)then you need to buy this. If you've never ran an emu before I'd recommend reading the devs web page as there is a couple steps involved. It's an awesome port better than I could have asked for and the controls work well too, wether it be keyboard or clear on screeen controls. Five bucks and well worth it. Thanks dev for making a gamers day!

zombeastxx

Reaction score
you cant really play SNK games on a capcom emulator because they are totally diffrent platforms... hopefully someone comes out with an SNK emulator for the droid cuz metal slug would be the ****