Classic Arcade Crazy Tilt Challenge! (MAME)

LazyCat

Reaction score
Classic Arcade Crazy Tilt Challenge is new MAME build with built-in global scoreboard.
* Pre-release is available for testing on Android devices (phones & tablets).

Scores are kept on-line, but they are also shown in-game, if the game has scorebaord. There are also extended scoreboards you can access via menu, so for the games that only store one high-score like Pac-Man, they now have full (15 places) scoreboard all together with initials. The same "automated scoreboard syncing system" can be implement on a PC MAME as well, let me know if you think there is interest for it to be made.

Beside global scoreboard this build also features new input method for mobile devices utilizing accelerometer (G-sensor). It's unlike any sensor input you may have tried with some other mobile games or emulators. If you think sensor control is clumsy, unresponsive and completely unsuited for arcade games, prepare to be surprised. Track and Field, you run by shaking the phone! See this:

[video=youtube;kJBcou5ZjEo]http://youtu.be/kJBcou5ZjEo[/video]

Last edited:
OP
L

LazyCat

Reaction score
I'm interested

Thank you. See your inbox.

Anyone else feel free to jump in any time.

There is only one account per device possible. Your device ID is both your user name and password, logging is automatic. Only the first time you log in you will need to choose your player-name. Player-name can have 10 characters, but first 3 letters must be unique among all registered users, they will be your in-game initials. Don't bother writing initials in the game, after sync all your scores will be renamed to your chosen Player-name.

Don't forget to log in before playing for the record. Data usage is minimal, there is never permanent connection with the server. You only connect briefly each time you sync (login/logout), and every time transfer is less than half a kilobyte, really tiny. You can sync after each game, but you don't have to. Score syncing is done automatically when you login and logout, or manually any time you want to see if anyone posted any new scores since your last sync, or to upload yours.

Games available in this test-build (CrazyTilt_059.apk):

commando
digdug
dkong
elevator
gyruss - no in-game initials yet
mpatrol
mslug - no scoreboard yet
mrdo
pacman
pacmanm
paperboy - no scoreboard yet
popeyebl
qbert - no scoreboard yet
scramble
starwars - no scoreboard yet, on small screens turn scale/stretch & image smoothing
timeplt
trackfld - no scoreboard yet, run by going left-center or right-center, not full left-right
yiear - button 3 = butt.1+butt.2

If input seem unresponsive disable vibration feedback. If you see game struggle try switching to AUTO Frame Rate, or perhaps better yet find some fixed frame rate (50, 45, 40, 30, 20, 15 fps), but it really depends on the type of game which option may produce better results. Even the crappiest Android devices phones/tablets should run most of these games at full speed, with possible exceptions of mslug, starwars and paperboy, but they play really well at 15fps on my crappy phones, which doesn't look too bad on small screens at all.

Do not forget to switch appropriate joystick mode because you will not be able to properly play 4-way games in 8-way or analog mode. In this build machines do not reset yet, so they do not collect tokens and do not pay out any tokens. Please don't mind if I reset scoreboards manually and delete some of your well earned records, we are just testing. If you have time try to post at least two records on each game that has support for it, or as many as records you can. Once you think you have tried it enough I'd like you to tell me about things you did NOT like or think could/should be better or simpler. Have fun!

Last edited:
OP
L

LazyCat

Reaction score
This is very best game in Motorola and i like to play this game you cannot get borr while you playing this game.
It is a general game in all mobile phones of Motorola you also like to play this game again and again.
This is a very best and good game in Motorola

I think you are talking about MAME4droid by David Valdeita (Seleuco) which has been on the Market for quite some time now, but this was finished just a few days ago. This build is about adding support for global scoreboard to each game and about "Crazy Tilt" sensor controls, neither of which exists on any other emulator for any other system. I sent you download link in a private message so you can try it out.

OP
L

LazyCat

Reaction score
Ok, due to lack of interest I will stop following this thread. Anyone interested to try it out before the release, or perhaps help me with testing (playing), can still find me here: smf.webng.com/crazytilt