major texting problems

luv4ears

Reaction score
i receive texts fine, when i send a text, sometimes the other person receives something else than what i sent. i.e.. i sent.. is it still messed up? he received.. r@4@@ s hx610@ xr. ive been on the phone with verizon tech for 2 days and did 2 hard starts. tech transfered my phone # to a test phone and texted the person that received the weird text, and it was normal. then when he trasfered my # back to my phone, i sent the test text out and my friend received it weird again. obvously its my phone, but it doesnt happen to everyone i text. is there an update or has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it. HELP... my only other option is pay 600 for a new one, they will send me a refurb instead of a new one (which ive only had my phone for 3 wk, dont think i want a refub) or wait til the stores carry them to do a trade (which is on massive backorder).

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i can suggest someting that will put all of the software back on that a factory reset will not do.. wanna give that a try?

timfnb

Reaction score
texting problem - sending different stuff

My wife and kids have an LG Cosmos (I think) phone and whenever I send a text message with an apostrophe anywhere in the message, it changes the entire message to boxes or other characters. If i remove the apostrophe, the same message is clear. I can send that same to message to my friend who has a blackberry, no problem. But every message sent to the LG, has that problem.

timfnb

Reaction score
Update on sms problem

Just thought I would let you know that the problem still existed when I used another text messaging program (Handcent SMS) so the problem is with the droid going to that phone.

After one day, I have fallen in live with Handcent SMS for text messaging! It has cool bubbles for the text (like iPhone), unlimited customization for notification: sounds, light, icon, etc. by user! Very cool.

Jandem96

Reaction score
I am having the same problem.. I can receive texts just fine, but sending them is different. Not everyone, but some people get boxes instead of words. It shows up fine on my phone both ways and I tried installing a new text app, chompsms, which works great but it didn't change the box problem. As far as I can tell it is a problem with the X. Anyone know how to fix it?

bhoffman11

Reaction score
are you waiting awhile till you get a "sent" messege on your chat bubble?

bhoffman11

Reaction score
Could it be a font issue? Maybe a new font package would fix that...

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

I don't think so. Ever since I've waited for it to say "sent", the other end gets them perfectly again. It may be corrupting the message so it sends boxes and random junk