Mail apps, so confusing ... please help!

anewbie

Reaction score
I am relatively new to Android. Just got a Droid 4. As part of the setup, I added my gmail accounts. On the regular web interface, I have about 20 labels (folder) to archive the old messages. Then, I also had about 80 messages left in the inbox. Five days later, I have no idea what I did, all of a sudden, I only have 1 message (a chat converted info a message 2 months ago) left in the inbox. Everything else in the inbox is gone. If I use the gmail app on the phone, that's what I see as well.

However, if I use the "mail" app on the phone, I am still seeing all the messages originally in the inbox. And the inbox is associated with my gmail account.

Now, comes the question: how can I restore all the email messages viewable by the "mail" app back into the inbox viewable by the "gmail" app, which is also the inbox in the web interface on my computer?

Many thanks in advance!!!

OCDroid

Reaction score
There's settings in the Gmail app that will control how many days of emails that will sync. Maybe the missing ones are old, and they're just not showing up. Try: from your inbox on the Gmail app, click menu-->label settings-->days to sync-->all. There's also a similar setting under the main setting menu for each email that you've set up in your Gmail app. Hope this helps, and I didn't just totally misunderstand your problem. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
A

anewbie

Reaction score
There's settings in the Gmail app that will control how many days of emails that will sync. Maybe the missing ones are old, and they're just not showing up. Try: from your inbox on the Gmail app, click menu-->label settings-->days to sync-->all. There's also a similar setting under the main setting menu for each email that you've set up in your Gmail app. Hope this helps, and I didn't just totally misunderstand your problem. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Thank you for the quick reply!
  • I don't have menu->label settings, I have menu->Go to Labels. In the options there, I do have sync all enabled
  • the problem is, the gmail app and the gmail web interface are consistent, in which case all those some 80 messages are disappeared from my inbox. So, I believe they are gone. The only place they are in existence is my phone's local mail app inbox.
  • what I am hoping to do is to restore these messages back in the gmail's inbox.

Any ideas? Thanks!