Magnets and Camera

Gemdog

Reaction score
Hey all,

(sorry, i'm new here, imported a Milestone 4 days ago)

I went shopping today to find a case for the phone this morning, and systematically went from the big stores and ended up at the cheap chinese markets.

As i found out, the magnets make most cases a no go, one case i tried i realised the camera lens sat directly on the magnet.

Now i seem to have a pinkish circle just below the target reticle when i take photos, especially under lights. it's unnoticeable outside.

is there anything i can do to fix this? not overly happy seeing its under a week old.

Cheers,

B

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The phone is meant to be used with Magnets, It's how the Dock modes are activated.

The pink hue is not from the magnet. Otherwise everyone with a Dock would be complaining.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
The phone is meant to be used with Magnets, It's how the Dock modes are activated.

The pink hue is not from the magnet. Otherwise everyone with a Dock would be complaining.

The pink hue could be from the magnet coming in direct contact with the camera. The magnets in the docks dont go anywhere near the camera and that would be why nobody had this problem. My advice is to buy the Seidio leather holster for it if that's what you are looking for. Its made specifically for the droid. Some report problems with it going in docking mode but you shouldn't have much of a problem with it.

OP
G

Gemdog

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the replies.

You are right in the magnet came extremely close to the lens. Poor case design.

I'll have to order a case, all the shops here have never even seen the Droid (and a lot of puzzled looks...)

I seem to have reduced it by leaving the battery out, and it seems to look fine for daytime photos, but the corners of night shots are tinged slightly. Unfortunately repairs would be a 20 hour flight away :(

Anyone ever degauss a ccd?