Camera issue

Mike_R

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a Droid Maxx. Android Version 4.4.4.
I started having problems with my flash not working as a flashlight in a third-party flashlight app. Then the camera stopped working. Rather, it stopped working in normal camera mode, if worked in snapchat and instagram. Now it doesn't work in any app or any way.
I went through several steps I read about in this forum. Finally did a factory restore. Still doesn't work.
I downloaded a 3rd party camera app. It worked in that app.
Woke up this morning and it doesn't work in that app now.
Any suggestions before I take it outside and use it for target practice????

Also, I'm headed to work....will check back later tonight for possible solutions. Thanks.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When you did the FDR was Backup My Data turned On in Settings > Back up & Reset? If that is On then Google will automatically start downloading apps and their Settings after the FDR. Your phone might have auto downloaded the same app / setting causing the issue? Try putting your phone in Safe Mode and see if the camera works then

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
M

Mike_R

Reaction score
When you did the FDR was Backup My Data turned On in Settings > Back up & Reset? If that is On then Google will automatically start downloading apps and their Settings after the FDR. Your phone might have auto downloaded the same app / setting causing the issue? Try putting your phone in Safe Mode and see if the camera works then

It was not. But thank you for the reply. I don't use the Verizon or Google back up services, or any other 3rd party backup services. I have them turned off.

OP
M

Mike_R

Reaction score
OK. I think I found the problem. My rear facing camera no longer works. So I'm going to have to replace the phone.
But until I replace it, is there a way to make my camera start with the front facing camera by default?
I can make it work through a 3rd party camera app as long as I never try to switch to the rear camera. But, I wonder if I can set the default camera to front facing so I don't have to use the other app?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't know of any personally, but I would imagine there are some on the Play Store. Maybe someone will post an app they are familiar with.

Hope the phone replacement process goes smooth for you.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If you download Google camera and set it to front facing it will open on front camera until you switch it back. At least it does on my phone. But the first time you open it you'll be on the rear camera. Until you switch it that's the default.

I'm going to switch it back to the main camera now. Every time I open the front camera I see this ugly bald guy looking at me and it's scary.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
set it to front facing it will open on front camera until you switch it back. At least it does on my phone. But the first time you open it you'll be on the rear camera. Until you switch it that's the default.
Every Galaxy S model device has this feature on the stock camera. Rear camera is the default, but if you change it to the FFC, it will stay that way until you go in and change it back.