Jelly Bean 3rd Party Camera Apps- Help?

local444

Reaction score
Hey all,

None of the Jelly Bean ROMS (In particular, CM 10.1) seem to have a camera that works with third party apps, like Instagram and Snapchat. The camera always ends up freezing when it opens. This even happens when attempting to change the phone security to Face Unlock; the camera freezes on opening of the setup for face unlock as well.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks in advanced.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Does the stock camera work at all for your ROM? If its like the one for my phone its a source/driver/etc issue and can't be fixed at the moment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
L

local444

Reaction score
Stock camera, and all features of it, works perfectly fine, its just that it freezes whenever I open an app that utilizes the camera

gulci

Reaction score
Have you tried the latest AOKP ROM? I'm using that one right now. It's jellybean and third-party apps that utilize the camera work perfectly, including snapseed and instagram. However, my internal SD card is not writable when running any jellybean ROM on my Droid 4. It seems there are some driver issues that are affecting some phones differently.

archchancellor

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the camera. It works fine for third party apps that use the camera on eclipse. But whenever i am on AOKP or CM10.1 the camera freezes in the apps. I am using the lastest of both ROMS.

gulci

Reaction score
I've encountered the problems you have been experiencing upon trying to switch to the front-view camera. This crashes Instagram, and does not allow for Instagram to take pictures unless all data is cleared from the app and it is force closed. Try doing that and seeing if that remedies it. The main issue seems to be the front facing camera.

OP
L

local444

Reaction score
I've encountered the problems you have been experiencing upon trying to switch to the front-view camera. This crashes Instagram, and does not allow for Instagram to take pictures unless all data is cleared from the app and it is force closed. Try doing that and seeing if that remedies it. The main issue seems to be the front facing camera.

interesting thesis, i attempted it and it turns out the back camera works, but barely. images appeared very screwed up and the apps crashed afterwards anyways

gulci

Reaction score
I haven't looked into it much and have since gone back to Eclipse, but I think video chat that utilizes the back camera will not work either. Weird stuff.