maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandel

Reaction score
got it to work now.... everything works except for the data... it wont connect to 3g or anything. there is a blue triangle at top on screen in notification bar

TJdaSportsGuy

Reaction score
Guys,

I just want to thank everyone for all the helpful posts in this thread. I'm a newb when it comes to rooting, restoring, etc, and every question I had about the process was found within this thread. Thanks everybody!

EDIT:
Okay, I lied. I do have one question. I'm trying to get my phone back to as close to stock as possible...aside from what's on my SD card, I want my phone to look like what it would if it were the first time I was opening it. I wiped data and cash using the Bootloader, installed maderstcock 2.3.340, then did a factory reset (held home, powered on, hit search, wiped data and cache).

My phone is on now and still, the wallpaper I had before is there, my WiFi settings are still showing up, and it doesn't appear as though the phone is straight up stock.

Any suggestions? Is it doing this through Google sync?

Last edited:

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Man I had a question about the instructions. After installing this you say reboot immediately, but then below you say you can format data/cache for a nice clean install. Should we reboot then format or just format after install?? Just wanna make sure I don't mess this phone up as it is my fiance's phone and she will for a lack of words kill me haha.... I just installed before but she is coming from Tranq to Liberty wanna make sure it is nice and clean.

sephtin

Reaction score
Man I had a question about the instructions. After installing this you say reboot immediately, but then below you say you can format data/cache for a nice clean install. Should we reboot then format or just format after install?? Just wanna make sure I don't mess this phone up as it is my fiance's phone and she will for a lack of words kill me haha.... I just installed before but she is coming from Tranq to Liberty wanna make sure it is nice and clean.

That is a great question!
Personally, I would wipe data/cache from within recovery in clockwork either before or after the install... IF there is an incompatibility between what you have in data/cache and 2.3.340 (as in, blurless ROM, etc.), then there's a really good chance you'll boot loop...

Fate0n3

Reaction score
That is a great question!
Personally, I would wipe data/cache from within recovery in clockwork either before or after the install... IF there is an incompatibility between what you have in data/cache and 2.3.340 (as in, blurless ROM, etc.), then there's a really good chance you'll boot loop...

Thank you Sephtin got it all done.... Installed Maderstock.zip and then reboot and then reboot and wiped. Everything working great so far. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

dxbouska

Reaction score
Update for me. You guys saved the day again! Got back to stock, still having the reboot took to VZW and im now writing from my replacement.... not sure what went wrong but all good now! Already rooted and nandroided! Thanks again

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Finally got around to flashing this for the first time. Very quick. Very easy. Very awesome.

bacon225

Reaction score
My download is only 297,790,721 bytes and says invalid format if I try to unzip it.
Downloading from the mirror site now.

Fate0n3

Reaction score
My download is only 297,790,721 bytes and says invalid format if I try to unzip it.
Downloading from the mirror site now.

As stated early in this thread.... Don't unzip the file.....Read the first post and follow the instructions. Verify your MD5 checksum if you are worried about file integrity or having the complete file. MD5 checksum is posted in the original thread. check previous post for how to verify MD5.

File Info

Size: 284.7 MB (298481300 bytes)
MD5: ce7122280eafad4a39ba7fefeb764bf5

Your file size does seem to be incorrect for some reason. If you are downloading on your phone, try using a computer. People have had issues with downloading files to there phone and the file not being complete.

frankjaegar

Reaction score
how to update to 2.3.40 while keeping set up?

Quick question for ya Mad (or anyone else):
Just got my Droid X in the mail a few days ago, a refurbished model from Verizon (I'm poor but I like fancy things lol) and before even activating it I had that sucker rooted and bootloaded. I've been messing about with my OG Droid for over a year now, so none of this was new to me besides the stock version; I saw that everything warned about being on 2.3.40 before proceeding, and I assumed that since I had just received this model from Verizon with a notice saying "Your Droid has been updated to the newest version!" it would be updated to, well, the newest version.

Apparently I assumed incorrectly.

Right now the phone as a whole is working fine; I'm in Liberty 1.0, with the Linear theme, totally able to make phone calls etc. However, media of any sort is shot-- no Pandora, YouTube, .mp3s, the H.264 test on Quadrant Standard, you name it. After doing some research, it's clear that the reason I'm having these issues is because I wasn't on 2.3.40. And I kinda like music, so that doesn't fly. However, I somehow already put hours of work into the beezy before realizing that I had this immense problem, so now I'm at an impasse.

I think the easiest thing to do to not lose anything would be just to make a Nandroid backup of my current ROM, install your update.zip, reroot, rebootload, then restore. However would that work? Would restoring a Nandroid backup simply revert what I would be updating by installing your update.zip? You have to understand, I came from an OG Droid which was nearly unbrickable and had no bootloader; you just balanced your version of ClockWork, your Baseband, and your ROM. I'm still not entirely sure what it is exactly I'd be updating to 2.3.40 and 30.04. I'm assuming one is Moto's stupid bootloader, but the other... yeah. (btw sorry if I missed something obvious in the OP, I read it and like the first 10 pages of this thread but couldn't find anything...)

So tl;dr:

If I'm on a custom ROM/Setup that I like A LOT but need to update to this, can I Nandroid backup, install this, then restore?

And if that doesn't work, who knows how to backup a LauncherPro setup, widgets and every last thing in the same position? Can Titanium Backup do that if configured right?

Thanks all.

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Ok, im at the bar and that's a lot to digest, so just yell at me if im not answering your question.

If I was you, id nand, then maderstcok without a data wipe. If you bootloop, wipe data, reroot, then restore the nand, then you're no worse off than before.

If you don't bootloop, then consider yourself cured ^^

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

frankjaegar

Reaction score
Sounds sweet, I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes. Cheers, enjoy that bar

Status
Not open for further replies.