Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

Redjak

Reaction score
I've referenced this guide countless times this past week because of the problems I've been having flashing MIUI. I was wondering, since I'm doing my SBF Flashing with Linux, is there a 1-click GB root method for Linux as well?

07cobaltss

Reaction score
This guide was a Droid X saver thanks so much for taking the time to put it on here.

krf4

Reaction score
im sure the thread was dead but in rsd im getting a fail that says internal error while programming the phone, what does this mean? i ahve the correct file for bootloader 30.04 and i dont see why this would be an OS problem, please help

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
im sure the thread was dead but in rsd im getting a fail that says internal error while programming the phone, what does this mean? i ahve the correct file for bootloader 30.04 and i dont see why this would be an OS problem, please help

I would try the Linux method. I had issues with the .340 sbf on windows and used Linux with no issues whatsoever. An easier way is to use the setup that wugfresh put together. Can't go wrong, it's pretty much completely automated. I'll try to find you the link to it but it's in the forums here somewhere...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Can you list the steps you're taking exactly? It might help us find a solution.

CM7-11/30

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

r1nstang

Reaction score
need some advice. bought a droid X off ebay. clear ESN supposedly. Would not get passed the recovery screen (triangle ! and android symbol). Got the phone today I cant get any menus to come up in that screen so I went to SBF. put the phone in fastboot mode (camera, volume down, power) connect to computer and it says the typical
battery ok
ok to program
transfer mode :usb
but when I pushed "start" after locating the SBF file it takes a few seconds then comes back with "phone failed to switch to fastboot mode"
running windows 7 ultimate 32bit with all motorola drivers installed and SBF 5.6 tried multiple times but no luck. always the same error. any ideas?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What system version are you running on your DX currently? Rooted, using a custom ROM? I may not be able to help much since I am out of the Droid X loop but it will be very helpful to know these things so we can get you headed in the right direction.

dxbouska

Reaction score
Here's the error...
Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Error processing flash file. (0x700F); phone connected

Did I use the wrong sbf?
Also the dog pulled the cord loose once during a flash.

dxbouska

Reaction score
I have no idea, I trtied to pull the bat ti find out but it goes right back to the bootloader.... I did a factory reset ( with out thinking i may have issues) and got into a bootloop, thats what started this mess. I rooted so long ago that i dont remember what files i used, also the computer i have everything saved to crashed a while ago so i am having to start from scratch... my wife has an X and its on 2.3.4, i dont think I got that update, but im not sure. I think i flashed a Prerooted version of GB to get to where i am. I did put the orginal sd card in and try to restore but it says MD5 sum missmatch.....

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The SBF you tried is for the Droid X and should be OK to use since you don't think you are on the latest OTA which requires something a little different. I assume you have tried to restart the process? Also, when people are having issues I often suggest trying a different version of RSD Lite. Other then that I am not sure, was never much good at trouble shooting botched SBF flashes.

dxbouska

Reaction score
I looked on my SD card and the file I used was 340.602. I did try couple different times. I have had issues in the past but have never had a message on the boot loader screen. I will try a different version of RDS.