Maaco Auto Painting & Bodyworks in Plano TX

jamespg81

Reaction score
I made the unfortunate mistake of having my car painted at the Maaco in Plano Tx. I should say that I had 1 car painted by them about 5 years ago and they did a great job. I also had another car painted at a maaco in florida,both times I was happy. Now Maaco is probably the cheapest place you can get a paint job. But if you want a decent paintjob and don’t want to spend a lot of money it’s a good option…. Or so I thought!
The people that run this location will lie cheat and steal every chance they get. My car is basically in worse condition than when I dropped it off! I think they have monkeys painting cars or something, I could have done a better job with a spray can.
To start off I drop it off with plans to fix the dents on the car,and paint the car and the wheels. I chose the mid level paint job that they offer so I ended up spending just under 1000 bucks. So they tell me itll be 3 or 4 days. On the 4th day I call to see if its ready and the old guy at the front says itll be ready tomorrow. It was not ready the next day so they said Monday. On Monday they said Wednesday. So on Wednesday I go to pick it up and I have wait for 2 hours while theyre finishing it up. When they bring it out theres a big dent in my bumper where they hit something, overspray every where, spots where the paint ran and they didn’t fix it, the interior was filthy, none of the dents on the driver side were fixed and all of the change was missing from my car. So Carlos the owner tells me to bring it back in a week and they’ll fix it all after the paint has had time to cure.
So I bring it back in and they say itll be done in a day, well that turned into a week.. when I finally get it back theres a dent in my trunk lid, even more change missing, 62 miles on my car and new spots where the paint has run. Of course now I don’t want to take it back because they’ll just **** it up even more.
I wil never go back there and I would never recommend that any one go there. They are very dishonest and will say whatever they have to to get your money.
Funny story- The old jack ass named bruce who hangs out up front has a Mercedes he was trying to sell, one day when I went in to check on my car it wasn’t there so I asked about it. He said he sold it and had to take a 5k hit… when I went back to get my car the Mercedes was back. So he either lied about selling it,or he lied to whoever bought it and they made him take it back. Either way these people a shady as ****!:icon_evil:

Brandonovich

Reaction score
You should report them to the Bureau of automotive Repair. I live in Nortex too, and I have been very happy with Service King.

OP
J

jamespg81

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion.. i just did that. Ive reported them to just about every one i can think of. Im done trying to get them to fix it,i dont even trust they could do it without making it worse. Im just gonna have to go somewhere else and suck it up.:)