Go Launcher EX Screen Painting Issue

Detonation

Reaction score
Went back to Go Launcher EX yesterday and in the past day I've been getting an issue where the top and bottom parts of the screen will remain painted between home screens, so when you move back and forth, you just get a mess of repainted graphics on top of each other (similar to the old windows issue when you run of video memory and dragging a window leaves a trail).

This has happened at least 5 times in the last 24 hours. I don't have that much stuff on my screens (less than what I had with Launcher Pro and never had this issue). The solution is to open another app long enough for Go Launcher to repaint, or just restart Go Launcher.

Is this is typical issue? Loving Go Launcher (and the other GO apps) but this is kind of disappointing.

Oh, and I have a Droid X running Libery .8 with the Gingercomb theme.

Last edited:

AngryHatter

Reaction score
The only time I have seen that is when I am a bit impatient while waiting for the droid to fully exit an app. Repeated presses of the back button and I can get that.

satoru

Reaction score
Went back to Go Launcher EX yesterday and in the past day I've been getting an issue where the top and bottom parts of the screen will remain painted between home screens, so when you move back and forth, you just get a mess of repainted graphics on top of each other (similar to the old windows issue when you run of video memory and dragging a window leaves a trail).

This has happened at least 5 times in the last 24 hours. I don't have that much stuff on my screens (less than what I had with Launcher Pro and never had this issue). The solution is to open another app long enough for Go Launcher to repaint, or just restart Go Launcher.

Is this is typical issue? Loving Go Launcher (and the other GO apps) but this is kind of disappointing.

Oh, and I have a Droid X running Libery .8 with the Gingercomb theme.

This happened to me. I have droid2 global running hexen rom. I reset setting to default, deleted my backup setting, uninstalled/reinstall app. Reboot phone and changed settings back to how I wanted. It fixed for me. Also, when you update go launcher and its running it seems to cause problems. This only happened once to me I don't see how its happened so many times to you. Honestly you need to talk to the go team for better support.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
Detonation

Detonation

Reaction score
Well I found out it has something to do with docking the phone in the multimedia dock, because that's when it frequently happens. I'm not sure if its because of the screen rotation (which I normally have disabled) or switching to the docking view, but either way at least I know what's causing it now.

Beka27

Reaction score
It is because of the dock. I was having the same issue after moving up to .596. After closing out of my app drawer, the icons would be super-imposed on my homescreen.

However, once I moved to Liberty, the issue stopped. And now I'm on ADW.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums