lumia > Nexus

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This story is embarrassing... So just got back from the bookstore. My experience... Trumped by a lumia.
I was in a rush to finally get my books, i got money, but forgot my textbook list. So when i got to the bookstore and headed to find my books i had to login and get my textbook info. This guy who works their walks up, and trys to help me. We spend 5 minutes logging in on my nexus and going to the various links to located the textbook area, it spend 3 minutes loading the final page, so what does he do? While its loading the final page he hands me his lumia and says login please, so i logged in and not 30 secs later we were on the page. My baby.... trumped by a microsoft product. i am hurt. I think im going to go sit in the fetal position and cry in the corner. :sad-b: Haha but really, i just got showed up. :hail: i congratulate the lumia, it beats android chrome and the stock browser. :biggrin: Maybe next time i go to the bookstore ill make my phone ready for it and challenge him to a duel.

eagle923

Reaction score
I'd agree network issue, but WP7 is a great platform just as Android is. Nothing to worry about, the better the competition the better our products.

Caesars

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with windows phone OS, it's awesome.

Googorola MAXX

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You should have grabbed his phone, yelled out "the winner" and then spiked it like a football! :D

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes sadly the radios in a lot of our beloved nexus are not up to par. If you find one with a awesome radio hold on to it an protect it. Im hoping that motorola can give us a big time google experienced phone and vzw backs it (ie og droid).

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
every other webpage loads in seconds.... so its not a radio issue, it was the site. The school uses a fancy oracle system that doesnt like my phone too much. it takes time to load those pages. i wasnt prepared for him to whip out his lumia though, if i wouldve known i would have tested each browser on the site and seen which is fastest. probably dolphin or skyfire.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try the new dolphin browser beta. its been loading a lot of pages faster for me. My or may not help with your school but worth a shot.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This story is embarrassing... So just got back from the bookstore. My experience... Trumped by a lumia.
I was in a rush to finally get my books, i got money, but forgot my textbook list. So when i got to the bookstore and headed to find my books i had to login and get my textbook info. This guy who works their walks up, and trys to help me. We spend 5 minutes logging in on my nexus and going to the various links to located the textbook area, it spend 3 minutes loading the final page, so what does he do? While its loading the final page he hands me his lumia and says login please, so i logged in and not 30 secs later we were on the page. My baby.... trumped by a microsoft product. i am hurt. I think im going to go sit in the fetal position and cry in the corner. :sad-b: Haha but really, i just got showed up. :hail: i congratulate the lumia, it beats android chrome and the stock browser. :biggrin: Maybe next time i go to the bookstore ill make my phone ready for it and challenge him to a duel.
I would've asked to speak to a manager and got him fired.He's probly somewhere rite now,just laughing it up,with the rest of Lumia friends. :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
MS probably taped it, and you'll be in the next WP commercial!

Though, this does show that fancy hardware doesn't trump all. Good programming goes a long way, and even a single core 512MB of RAM device can out perform a dual core 1GB of RAM device.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
MS probably taped it, and you'll be in the next WP commercial!

Though, this does show that fancy hardware doesn't trump all. Good programming goes a long way, and even a single core 512MB of RAM device can out perform a dual core 1GB of RAM device.
Let somebody walk up on me,with a single core 512MB and beat my 2gigs, dual core phone,there's gonna be some trouble.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

scott craft

Reaction score
I switch back and forth between a Rezound and an HTC Trophy and I will say if the Trophy had the same hardware as the Rezound no android or iPhone would touch it for speed. The only area the Rezound is really faster is downloading stuff.