LTE on/off toggle?

stemo

Reaction score
I have the LTE on/off toggle on my razr maxx and for some reason if I turn it to CDMA auto(prl) I loses all data connection. I need a way to toggle the LTE because I'm not usually around a 4g location. Any one have any ideas on how to fix this?

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Nvm problem solved. I uninstalled then installed again and it works now.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
I thought I solved the problem but didn't. I have either 1x or 4g. My 3g will not work.

aarong03

Reaction score
I thought I solved the problem but didn't. I have either 1x or 4g. My 3g will not work.

Try going to system settings/more/mobile networks/network mode, mine is set to CDMA only. You need to change to that mode. I hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try going to system settings/more/mobile networks/network mode, mine is set to CDMA only. You need to change to that mode. I hope that helps.

It will display "CDMA only" when you look there, but there is no choice for "CDMA only" if you click there.
The OP is using the correct method for setting to (3g)..... CDMA auto (PRL)

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score

I live in a fringe 3g area, and there are spots in my house (I am sitting in one now) where my radio shows 1x and even sometimes less. Have you tried going outside to see if you can pick up a 3g signal?
Also, is there any chance that you have a smart action setting that is interfering?
I wonder if there's another setting telling the phone to not sync. when not connected to 4g....?

aarong03

Reaction score
I live in a fringe 3g area, and there are spots in my house (I am sitting in one now) where my radio shows 1x and even sometimes less. Have you tried going outside to see if you can pick up a 3g signal?
Also, is there any chance that you have a smart action setting that is interfering?
I wonder if there's another setting telling the phone to not sync. when not connected to 4g....?

No smart actions. Also I after I initially set to cdma auto I had to reboot my phone so the network type has nothing selected. I am always on 3G and it never changes. I use LTE ON/OFF app. If it still has LTE/CDMA then it will still look for 4G. Try doing what I did and see if it works.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
I live in a rather good 3g area but the problem started when I went to my local Verizon last Saturday and paid my bill and got the data limit increased.

Could the Verizon rep have possibly done something on the computer to my make phone start acting like this?

aarong03

Reaction score
I live in a rather good 3g area but the problem started when I went to my local Verizon last Saturday and paid my bill and got the data limit increased.

Could the Verizon rep have possibly done something on the computer to my make phone start acting like this?

I don't believe so.