LTE drops

zatchmo

Reaction score
Anybody have any LTE issues? Mine was great for the first week. Starting this weekend, the phone will drop the LTE connection and never regain it until I reboot the device. Then it's great again for about a day. I have NOT taken the OTA update. I was just wondering if others are experiencing this. I plan to update tonight when I have WiFi and see if it makes a difference, but I don't have high hopes.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Power down the device... Remove the sim card(volume rockers on the side) power up with the sim still out.. Now shut it off again.. Reinsert the sim, and powered on...

Now go to settings... More, mobile networks, make sure your preferred network type is LTE/CDMA.. This is what I had to do.. Its an old trick called repeating your sim card..

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I, like you hesitated on taking the OTA update. Had horrible reception which resulted in bad battery performance. Since the update, I'm fringe area, it bounces back and forth between 3G and 4G as well as I can expect.

We must...We must...increase our boost

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Definitely take the ota.. It doesn't break anything... Idk what performance was like without it.. Cause my device took the ota within a few hours of my purchase..

OP
Z

zatchmo

Reaction score
I was waiting on the OTA hoping someone would find a root exploit or bootloader exploit in it. I got burned with my last phone. I bought a Galaxy S4 that was an MDK phone and it OTA updated on the way home from the store so I lost the ability to unlock my bootloader. I've been extremely paranoid about taking OTAs on new phones ever since if I have the option.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No root exploit for the turbo yet.. Also.. Its verizon.. Idk if the bootloader will be able to be unlocked..

TatDroid

Reaction score
And, to answer your original question: no, I've had no problems with LTE reception. Although it did give me flashbacks to my early Bionic days!

Sent from my Droid Turbo

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And, to answer your original question: no, I've had no problems with LTE reception. Although it did give me flashbacks to my early Bionic days!

Sent from my Droid Turbo
Man... I remember those days.... Ugh.

OP
Z

zatchmo

Reaction score
Well, the OTA did seem to cure the LTE drops so far. Fingers crossed that we do eventually get root and some sort of safestrap/bootloader unlock.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, the OTA did seem to cure the LTE drops so far. Fingers crossed that we do eventually get root and some sort of safestrap/bootloader unlock.
I agree that root would be nice, for me the only reason would be to hopefully be able to hack the hotspot feature, but I don't know that even that can be done any longer as from what I recall the last hacks for the hot spot has been moved and can no longer seem to be located. Otherwise I don't really see much great benefit at all in rooting this phone since the operating system is pretty close to pure vanilla Android anyway. I wouldn't want to disable the Moto features because I feel they're a great enhancement to the operating system and in all likelihood will see these features incorporated into the next iteration of the operating system, and from what I recall some of them may have already been incorporated into Lollipop.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max

Sent from my Droid Turbo
LOL. I must have gone through 5+ SIM cards on my Bionic. It'd work great for a week or two, then wouldn't surf.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
LOL. I must have gone through 5+ SIM cards on my Bionic. It'd work great for a week or two, then wouldn't surf.
Then the 4g crashes that vzw was having.... I remember threads about outages on here... Smdh..