Verizon Demands LTE on all Future Equipment

revelated

Reaction score
If the next iPhone/iPad comes out with 3G only and Verizon allows it...it's time to get the FCC involved. That's blatantly wrong treatment and favoritism that should not be tolerated. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Force Apple to play or drop future devices. Send a message. I'm sure they're a cash cow, but they're also a headache to activate and you can't bloat them out, so tell them to kick rocks. Especially if Microsoft gets on the ball with an LTE device (which is what I'm waiting on myself).

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I don't much see any way the next iPhone will come out without having LTE. My guess is they have been watching the development of the single radio LTE chip rather that two chip setups.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
All fine and good to demand LTE, trying to ensure phones are not limited to 3g. As a consumer that bought my RAZR without LTE in my area, can I demand it from big red? Perhaps one day.....I bought the phone for the phone, not LTE.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Exactly--fix the broken ones first. LTE never works in my neighborhood, despite my getting a strong signal otherwise. Yet we have it throughout our metro area and I've used it elsewhere.

That's what I've been saying. Speed test at my house I routinely get 1-10mbps down, and that's on the rare occasion I get a signal! If I go up the street a half mile I get constant 20+mbps speeds, I think I broke into the lower 40's. I would like to see a stronger, better developed product rather than expanding the far from perfect LTE network we do have

maxwellag

Reaction score
What about "feature phones"? Will they eventually get LTE?
Back when 3g was new, some got 3g.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Arodnum1

Reaction score

I think they mean all smartphones, Android, iOS, windows, might be missing some but those kinds of things

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

Feature phones are pretty much dead at vzw. I believe vzw is supporting their CDMA network till 2020. After that everything will be on the LTE network. I'm guessing vzw is hoping everyone will be on smartphones by then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Feature phones are pretty much dead at vzw. I believe vzw is supporting their CDMA network till 2020. After that everything will be on the LTE network. I'm guessing vzw is hoping everyone will be on smartphones by then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dont see why people wouldnt be, afterall some smartphones are almost as cheap as feature phones and can do so much more, or they can simply just be a nice simple phone depending on how far you want to dive in